Translation of extravagance in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (lavishness, wastefulness) champagne! such extravagance!¡champán! ¡qué lujo!1.2 countable (luxury) French perfume is my one extravaganceel perfume francés es el único lujo que me permitoExample sentences
- Until the very end he was famous for extravagances and spent millions on yachts, helicopters, planes and homes around the world, including an $11m apartment in New York whose furnishings are the source of his current tax problems.
- The schools barely have enough money for a fully equipped football team, and they certainly have no money for extravagances like bus yards.
- Lottery money has to be sought, not for luxuries or extravagances, but to maintain parks and public areas.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (of gestures, dress)(of claim, story)2.2 countable (excess) [literary]
lo insólitoExample sentences
- Peter Stringer has occasionally been charged with a lack of extravagance behind the scrum, but his antennae are never down.
- In reckless extravagance he outdid the prodigals of all times in ingenuity… and set before his guests loaves and meats of gold, declaring that a man ought either to be frugal or be Caesar.
- While always treating James with deference, Cecil urged him to curtail his extravagance and also to restrain his partiality for Scots advisers and companions.
- But to get back to the question of a gay sensibility: cliche has us believe that amongst its ingredients are flamboyance, showiness, excess and extravagance.
- They seem to be giant physical manifestations of a kind of extravagance, or excessiveness, a breaking out of boundaries, form, and structure.
- The degree of excess and extravagance seemed over the top in even the most subdued tiki bar.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.