Translation of extreme in Spanish:
- 1.1 (very great) [poverty/caution/urgency] extremo; [annoyance/relief] enorme; [heat] extremado, intensísimo with extreme care con sumo cuidado a matter of extreme importance un asunto de suma importancia an extreme case un caso extremoExample sentences1.2 (not moderate) [action/measure] extremo, extremado; [opinion] extremista to be extreme in one's views/opinions ser* extremista, tener* ideas/opiniones extremistas the extreme left/right [Politics/Política] la extrema izquierda/derecha
Example sentences1.3 (outermost) (before noun/delante del nombre) in the extreme north/south en la zona más septentrional/meridional we're at the extreme limit of our resources hemos llegado al límite de nuestros recursos
- You are depending upon yourself to a degree that can cause extreme unease, but this is acute to all species of creativity.
- He configured power to such an extreme degree in our system that the role of his character is absolutely central.
- Or you're guilty of wishful thinking to an extreme degree.
- Cadres of extreme fighters in terrorist and militant organizations have a proclivity for violence that evidence of its past futility cannot deter.
- Although we've already seen that having the endorsement of the most extreme members of the Democratic Party does not ensure victory in the primaries.
- This organisation is not simply an isolated enclave of extreme prejudice and backwardness.
- ST.PETERSBURG, situated in extreme Northwest Russia and formerly known as Petrograd or Leningrad, is one of the most beautiful cities of Europe.
- Wedged by Northern Ireland into the extreme northwest of the island, its back to the sea, Donegal is linked to the republic by a slender isthmus.
- These bases fell so swiftly that the US troops were able to attack Eniwetok atoll at the extreme north-west end of the island chain six weeks ahead of schedule.
- extremo (masculine) a country of extremes un país de extremos or de grandes contrastes a man of extremes un hombre de extremos, un extremista extremes of temperature temperaturas (feminine plural) extremas to go from one extreme to the other ir* de un extremo al or a otro there is no need to go to such extremes no hay por qué llegar a esos extremos she carries things to extremes es una extremista or una exagerada he was rude in the extreme fue sumamente grosero
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the