Translation of extreme in Spanish:
- 1 (very great)(poverty/caution/urgency)
enorme(heat)with extreme care a matter of extreme importance
intensísimoun asunto de suma importanciaan extreme caseun caso extremoExample sentences
- You are depending upon yourself to a degree that can cause extreme unease, but this is acute to all species of creativity.
- He configured power to such an extreme degree in our system that the role of his character is absolutely central.
- Or you're guilty of wishful thinking to an extreme degree.
- 2 (not moderate)(opinion)to be extreme in one's views/opinions
extremistaser extremistathe extreme left/right (Politics)
tener ideas/opiniones extremistasla extrema izquierda/derechaExample sentences
- Cadres of extreme fighters in terrorist and militant organizations have a proclivity for violence that evidence of its past futility cannot deter.
- Although we've already seen that having the endorsement of the most extreme members of the Democratic Party does not ensure victory in the primaries.
- This organisation is not simply an isolated enclave of extreme prejudice and backwardness.
- 3 (outermost) (before noun) in the extreme north/southen la zona más septentrional/meridionalwe're at the extreme limit of our resourceshemos llegado al límite de nuestros recursosExample sentences
- ST.PETERSBURG, situated in extreme Northwest Russia and formerly known as Petrograd or Leningrad, is one of the most beautiful cities of Europe.
- Wedged by Northern Ireland into the extreme northwest of the island, its back to the sea, Donegal is linked to the republic by a slender isthmus.
- These bases fell so swiftly that the US troops were able to attack Eniwetok atoll at the extreme north-west end of the island chain six weeks ahead of schedule.
- a country of extremesun país de extremos or de grandes contrastesa man of extremesun hombre de extremosextremes of temperature
un extremistatemperaturas (feminine plural) extremasto go from one extreme to the otherir de un extremo al or a otrothere is no need to go to such extremesno hay por qué llegar a esos extremosshe carries things to extremeses una extremista or una exageradahe was rude in the extremefue sumamente groseroExample sentences
- The product is produced at temperature extremes exceeding 300 degrees below zero.
- The simulation was run using these groupings representing extremes of possible variation caused through modeling population dynamics.
- Featuring the latest in DX9 shader technology, Auto Assault will represent the extreme of what is possible on today's graphics cards.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.