- 1 u and c (textile) tela (feminine), tejido (masculine), género (masculine) the walls were covered in fabric las paredes estaban tapizadas de tela or estaban enteladasMore example sentences
- Lovely silk brocades and other fine fabrics are woven, dyed and embroidered here.
- The use of fabrics such as Thai silk, fur and stretch cotton brings diversity to the texture.
- I love the feel of natural fabrics; linen and silk are more lively and natural as well.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable 2.1 (of building) estructura (feminine) the upkeep of the fabric of the church el mantenimiento de la iglesia 2.2 (of society) estructura (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Instead he began to explore the social and cultural fabric of precolonial African societies.
- It is time to say enough is enough before the unique fabric of this multicultural society is destroyed by the enemies within.
- Aids has devastated the social and economic fabric of African societies and made orphans of a whole generation of children.
- Wet rot in the attic and upper floors is eating into the timber, plaster and fabric of the building and causing part of the roof to collapse.
- The listing of the 45 ft former windmill is intended to protect the entire fabric of the building inside and out.
- Bradford Council says that it cannot afford to do the necessary repairs to the building and its fabric but surely it has spare cash.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.