- 1 (in ice hockey) salida (f), saque (m)More example sentences
- He said the referee had dropped the puck to start the face-off when two other opposing players had started to fight.
- The match was watched by Keith Hill, who dropped the puck at the first face-off to begin the game.
- Ben won the face-off and passed the puck to Nate.
- 2 (showdown) (American English/inglés norteamericano) confrontación (feminine)More example sentences
- Now imagine that instead of a bilateral face-off, the next cold war will be a nuclear free-for-all.
- Instead of spreading out and confronting their neighbors in hostile face-offs, foraging sanderlings bunched together in tight little flocks.
- Please join us tomorrow in our face-off, a hard-fought battle over the security and reliability of electronic voting.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...