Translation of face-off in Spanish:
- 1 (in ice hockey)Example sentences
- He said the referee had dropped the puck to start the face-off when two other opposing players had started to fight.
- The match was watched by Keith Hill, who dropped the puck at the first face-off to begin the game.
- Ben won the face-off and passed the puck to Nate.
- 2 (showdown) (US)Example sentences
- Now imagine that instead of a bilateral face-off, the next cold war will be a nuclear free-for-all.
- Instead of spreading out and confronting their neighbors in hostile face-offs, foraging sanderlings bunched together in tight little flocks.
- Please join us tomorrow in our face-off, a hard-fought battle over the security and reliability of electronic voting.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.