Translation of facility in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ties)
- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (amenity) the village lacks certain basic facilities al pueblo le faltan ciertos servicios básicos cooking facilities in all rooms se puede cocinar en todas las habitaciones facilities for the disabled instalaciones (feminine plural) para minusválidos sports facilities instalaciones (feminine plural) deportivas the hotel has conference facilities el hotel dispone de sala(s) de conferencia 1.2 [Finance] credit facilities crédito (masculine), facilidades (feminine plural) de pago overdraft facilities autorización (feminine) de girar en descubierto, crédito (masculine) en cuenta corriente 1.3 (feature) prestación (feminine) this computer offers a wide range of facilities esta computadora ofrece una amplia gama de prestacionesExample sentences
- Later this year we'll launch a facility offering flexible benefits, so that our client's employees can optimise the package their employer provides in line with their lifestyles.
- The revamped site also demonstrates the full breadth of Eddisons' service by offering the facility to search online for plant and machinery.
- The developer will also offer a full facilities management service.
- 2 countable/numerable (building, complex) (American English/inglés norteamericano) complejo (masculine), centro (masculine)Example sentences
- There are also disabled toilets at the Washburn Valley reservoir, as well as car parking and picnic facilities.
- Passengers would have a choice of airlines, terminal facilities and car parks.
- As well as a second operating theatre, the unit needs more ward space and more facilities to hold clinics and carry out research.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (ability, ease) [formal] facilidad (feminine)Example sentences
- As Eve pointed out, I have a facility for falsehoods, a talent both natural and learned.
- Even there though, in a movie which tested your patience to destruction and beyond, there were flashes of arresting talent: a facility for framing and delineating a mood and a moment.
- Along with a facility for languages, the fledgling student quickly demonstrated an aptitude for computers and taught himself programming.
- Shifting from gritty and fervid to soft and wet in the blink of an eye, she flicks away all competitors with effortless facility.
- However, his non-Punjabi audience may not feel estranged as he writes with ease and facility.
- Your opponent is invariably unfamiliar with it, while you master it with matchless facility.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.