Translation of faction in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (group) facción (feminine) warring factions facciones antagónicasExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (strife) [formal] discusión (feminine)
- The worrying thing is that it's other factions within that same team who are doing the whispering.
- The country suffered as various factions within the ruling elite lobbied for power.
- Pedro used these powers when he could not compel political factions or parties to do his bidding.
- Do you feel that whole idea of faction within the Union movement is breaking down?
- Forgetfulness breeds ingratitude; ingratitude breeds faction; and faction leads to civil war.
- They should instead realize that faction and division are healthy for democracy and necessary for intellectual growth.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.