- 1 (consideration, fact) factor (masculine) the time factor el factor tiempo the nuclear/unemployment factor la cuestión nuclear/del desempleoMore example sentences
- Similarly, family and friends of students have been considered an influential factor in choosing an agriculture major.
- Timely administration is a key factor in achieving positive results with hyaluronidase.
- What is the greatest factor in contributing to childhood obesity?
- 2 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] factor (masculine) accidents have increased by a factor of ten el número de accidentes se ha multiplicado por diezMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Multiply your X factor by 159 to reach a daily total of 2,067 calories a day.
- Here, the change often seemed to be proportional to the molecular weight of the solute multiplied by a factor of two, three or four.
- Take the maximum draw weight of the bow required and multiply this by a factor of 5.
- So what about those Fibonacci numbers with no factors (apart from 1 and itself, of course)?
- The fraction 10/12 can be reduced, because both the numerator and denominator have factors of 2.
- A number that only has two factors, one and itself, is called a prime number.
- 3 (for debts) factor, (masculine, feminine)More example sentences
- Usually notice is given to the account debtor and the debts are collected directly by the factor.
- It is the factor who then receives payment from the importer.
- 4 [Biology/Biología] factor (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Homeobox genes encode transcription factors involved in many aspects of developmental processes.
- These findings provide insights into how genomes and environmental factors interact to determine phenotypes.
- In related studies, the genetic factors determining the conformation of curd was analyzed.
- These include a change in the balance between procoagulant and anticoagulant factors in the blood.
- In hemostasis, there is a balance between procoagulant factors and natural anticoagulant proteins.
- In recent years literature is emerging on the role of different factors of blood coagulation in arterial thrombosis.
- 5 (measure of protection) [Pharmacology/Farmacología] factor (masculine) sun-protection factor 30 protección (feminine) solar factor 30More example sentences
- For tropical sun exposure, a protection factor of 15 or higher should be more than adequate for all day exposure.
- The application of sunscreen with an SPF factor of 8 reduces production of vitamin D by 95%.
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.
- [Business/Comercio] hacer* factoring deMore example sentences
- Of considerably more importance is that Scanchem is now factoring its invoices, and thus increasing its apparent borrowing, the outstanding amounts being secured by a charge on the book debts of the company, as is normal.
- They were however concerned that they might be factoring bogus invoices.
- Consider factoring or invoice discounting - drawing down bank finance against your debtor balance.