Translation of factor in Spanish:
- 1 (consideration, fact) factor (masculine) the time factor el factor tiempo the nuclear/unemployment factor la cuestión nuclear/del desempleoExample sentences
- Similarly, family and friends of students have been considered an influential factor in choosing an agriculture major.
- Timely administration is a key factor in achieving positive results with hyaluronidase.
- What is the greatest factor in contributing to childhood obesity?
- 2 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] factor (masculine) accidents have increased by a factor of ten el número de accidentes se ha multiplicado por diezExample sentences
- Multiply your X factor by 159 to reach a daily total of 2,067 calories a day.
- Here, the change often seemed to be proportional to the molecular weight of the solute multiplied by a factor of two, three or four.
- Take the maximum draw weight of the bow required and multiply this by a factor of 5.
- So what about those Fibonacci numbers with no factors (apart from 1 and itself, of course)?
- The fraction 10/12 can be reduced, because both the numerator and denominator have factors of 2.
- A number that only has two factors, one and itself, is called a prime number.
- 3 (for debts) factor, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Usually notice is given to the account debtor and the debts are collected directly by the factor.
- It is the factor who then receives payment from the importer.
- 4 [Biology/Biología] factor (masculine)Example sentences
- Homeobox genes encode transcription factors involved in many aspects of developmental processes.
- These findings provide insights into how genomes and environmental factors interact to determine phenotypes.
- In related studies, the genetic factors determining the conformation of curd was analyzed.
- These include a change in the balance between procoagulant and anticoagulant factors in the blood.
- In hemostasis, there is a balance between procoagulant factors and natural anticoagulant proteins.
- In recent years literature is emerging on the role of different factors of blood coagulation in arterial thrombosis.
- 5 (measure of protection) [Pharmacology/Farmacología] factor (masculine) sun-protection factor 30 protección (feminine) solar factor 30Example sentences
- For tropical sun exposure, a protection factor of 15 or higher should be more than adequate for all day exposure.
- The application of sunscreen with an SPF factor of 8 reduces production of vitamin D by 95%.
factor inverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [prices/costs] tener* or tomar en consideración, tener* en cuenta
factor outverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [prices/costs] no tener* or tomar en consideración, no tener en cuenta
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...