- 1 (consideration, fact) factor (masculine) the time factor el factor tiempo the nuclear/unemployment factor la cuestión nuclear/del desempleoMore example sentences
- Similarly, family and friends of students have been considered an influential factor in choosing an agriculture major.
- Timely administration is a key factor in achieving positive results with hyaluronidase.
- What is the greatest factor in contributing to childhood obesity?
- 2 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] factor (masculine) accidents have increased by a factor of ten el número de accidentes se ha multiplicado por diezMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Multiply your X factor by 159 to reach a daily total of 2,067 calories a day.
- Here, the change often seemed to be proportional to the molecular weight of the solute multiplied by a factor of two, three or four.
- Take the maximum draw weight of the bow required and multiply this by a factor of 5.
- So what about those Fibonacci numbers with no factors (apart from 1 and itself, of course)?
- The fraction 10/12 can be reduced, because both the numerator and denominator have factors of 2.
- A number that only has two factors, one and itself, is called a prime number.
- 3 (for debts) factor, (masculine, feminine)More example sentences
- Usually notice is given to the account debtor and the debts are collected directly by the factor.
- It is the factor who then receives payment from the importer.
- 4 [Biology/Biología] factor (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Homeobox genes encode transcription factors involved in many aspects of developmental processes.
- These findings provide insights into how genomes and environmental factors interact to determine phenotypes.
- In related studies, the genetic factors determining the conformation of curd was analyzed.
- These include a change in the balance between procoagulant and anticoagulant factors in the blood.
- In hemostasis, there is a balance between procoagulant factors and natural anticoagulant proteins.
- In recent years literature is emerging on the role of different factors of blood coagulation in arterial thrombosis.
- 5 (measure of protection) [Pharmacology/Farmacología] factor (masculine) sun-protection factor 30 protección (feminine) solar factor 30More example sentences
- For tropical sun exposure, a protection factor of 15 or higher should be more than adequate for all day exposure.
- The application of sunscreen with an SPF factor of 8 reduces production of vitamin D by 95%.
factor inverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [prices/costs] tener* or tomar en consideración, tener* en cuenta
factor outverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [prices/costs] no tener* or tomar en consideración, no tener en cuenta
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.