Translation of faculty in Spanish:
noun plural -ties
- 1 (sense, ability) the faculty of sight/hearing(el sentido de) la vista/(d)el oídoto be in (full) possession of one's faculties
las facultades visuales/auditivasestar en (pleno) uso de sus ( or mis etc) facultadesto have a faculty for something/
-ingtener aptitud or facilidad para algo/+ infinitiveExample sentences
- The Chief Minister pointed out that Yoga exercises had the capacity to prevent illness and keep the body fit by evolving a steady balance between the physical and mental faculties.
- Because it is through the cultivation of physical and mental faculties that we relate to our surroundings, and create conditions for our survival.
- Power tools should only be used when your mental and physical faculties are at their best.
- Also like humans, apes have a marked faculty for language.
- Her moods are many, and she has a faculty for portraying deep emotions with an airy touch.
- He has a faculty for legislation, and some of the most useful laws on the statute book owe their origin to him.
- 2 2.1 (division of university, college) the medical/arts facultyla facultad de Medicina/Filosofía y LetrasExample sentences2.2 (academic personnel)
- Mississippi State University teaching faculties from the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and the College of Education provided the responses for this study.
- Harvard University, I didn't realise this, Harvard University has 8,000 faculties.
- Citation-based measures have been used to evaluate the impact of journals and research institutions, including universities, faculties, and departments.
cuerpo (masculine) docente
profesorado (masculine) (de una facultad etc)Example sentences
- From 1936-46 he served on the faculty of Osmania University teaching International Law.
- These are teaching institutions, staffed by faculty with heavy teaching loads.
- The department has 29 staff members on the faculty and 36 residents in training.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.