Translation of faculty in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ties)
- 1 (sense, ability) facultad (feminine) the faculty of sight/hearing (el sentido de) la vista/(d)el oído, las facultades visuales/auditivas to be in (full) possession of one's faculties estar* en (pleno) uso de sus ( or mis etc) facultades to have a faculty for sth/
-ingtener* aptitud or facilidad para algo/+ infinitive/infinitivoExample sentences
- The Chief Minister pointed out that Yoga exercises had the capacity to prevent illness and keep the body fit by evolving a steady balance between the physical and mental faculties.
- Because it is through the cultivation of physical and mental faculties that we relate to our surroundings, and create conditions for our survival.
- Power tools should only be used when your mental and physical faculties are at their best.
- Also like humans, apes have a marked faculty for language.
- Her moods are many, and she has a faculty for portraying deep emotions with an airy touch.
- He has a faculty for legislation, and some of the most useful laws on the statute book owe their origin to him.
- 2 2.1 (division of university, college) facultad (feminine) the medical/arts faculty la facultad de Medicina/Filosofía y Letras 2.2 (academic personnel) (American English/inglés norteamericano) cuerpo (masculine) docente, profesorado (masculine) ([ de una facultad etc ])Example sentences
- From 1936-46 he served on the faculty of Osmania University teaching International Law.
- These are teaching institutions, staffed by faculty with heavy teaching loads.
- The department has 29 staff members on the faculty and 36 residents in training.
- Mississippi State University teaching faculties from the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and the College of Education provided the responses for this study.
- Harvard University, I didn't realise this, Harvard University has 8,000 faculties.
- Citation-based measures have been used to evaluate the impact of journals and research institutions, including universities, faculties, and departments.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.