Translation of fag end in Spanish:
noun(especially British English) [colloquial]
- 1.1 (of cigarette)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (of conversation) See examples: don't pick up fag ends
- He coughed and rested his fag end on the vintage Brylcream lid he used as an ashtray.
- She curtsied on her way out, and dumped her fag end into Manny's fountain.
- It annoys me when I see someone drop their fag end on the ground and they're standing right next to an ash tray which Surrey County Council recently installed on a load of lamp posts in Redhill.
she's always picking up fag endsno sabes de qué estamos hablando1.3 (remnant)siempre está metiendo su cuchara sin saber de qué se está hablando [colloquial]the fag end of the day/gamerestos (masculine plural)el final del día/partido
- I could not watch the game all through but was lucky to be in front of TV in the fag end of the match.
- The garden was set up at the fag end of last academic year.
- Chewing On Glass is an album absolutely dripping in the soft, dewy sheen of midnight; the kind of music that you murmur to yourself at the fag end of parties and the quiet contemplation of dawn.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.