Translation of fag end in Spanish:
noun(especially British English) [colloquial]
- 1.1 (of cigarette)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (of conversation) don't pick up fag ends
- He coughed and rested his fag end on the vintage Brylcream lid he used as an ashtray.
- She curtsied on her way out, and dumped her fag end into Manny's fountain.
- It annoys me when I see someone drop their fag end on the ground and they're standing right next to an ash tray which Surrey County Council recently installed on a load of lamp posts in Redhill.
no sabes de qué estamos hablandoshe's always picking up fag endssiempre está metiendo su cuchara sin saber de qué se está hablando [colloquial]1.3 (remnant)restos (masculine plural)the fag end of the day/gameel final del día/partido
- I could not watch the game all through but was lucky to be in front of TV in the fag end of the match.
- The garden was set up at the fag end of last academic year.
- Chewing On Glass is an album absolutely dripping in the soft, dewy sheen of midnight; the kind of music that you murmur to yourself at the fag end of parties and the quiet contemplation of dawn.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.