Translation of fail-safe in Spanish:
- 1.1(device/mechanism/circuit)de seguridadExample sentences1.2 (infallible)
(system/process/machine)a toda pruebaExample sentences
- Eyewear of the appropriate optical density is worn when using devices not equipped with fail-safe mechanisms.
- The Tangara trains are equipped with a number of fail-safe devices, including one known as a deadman's brake.
- With modern systems that relied more on fail-safe electronic units than on mechanical devices that could break down or malfunction at any time, flying had become a lot safer these days.
- The good news is that having your teeth professionally whitened is not only affordable, which should last a lifetime with occasional top-ups - it is also a simple, noninvasive and virtually fail-safe procedure.
- The campaign also has two back-up credit card transaction systems in place (one built in-house and one by a consultant) for high traffic periods and as a fail-safe procedure.
- She wants not only clearer labelling but also a fail-safe device which would make it impossible for a drug to be wrongly administered.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.