Translation of failure in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (of business, marriage, talks) the plan is doomed to end in failure1.2 countable (unsuccessful thing, attempt)el plan está condenado al fracaso(insolvency)(before noun) failure rate(Business)proporción (feminine) de quiebras(Sch)índice (masculine) de fracaso escolarExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 countable (person) I feel such a failure
- Remember, there are no failures in the business of plan implementation, only feedback.
- There are 22,000 schools in Britain, many, by this Government's own reckoning, failures in the business of education.
- Cassie is considered somewhat a failure since she was unsuccessful in joining the school's social elite.
1.4 countable or uncountable (breakdown) See examples:structural failureme siento fracasadosoy un fracasoheart/kidney/respiratory failuredefecto (masculine) estructuralthe progressive failure of her facultiesinsuficiencia (feminine) cardíaca/renal/respiratoriael deterioro progresivo de sus facultadesExample sentences
- This has led to a worldwide assault on auto workers' jobs, as well as business failures, including the bankruptcy announcement earlier this month by Daewoo Motors of South Korea.
- This coincides with rising or record levels of poverty, homelessness, job insecurity, personal bankruptcies and small business failures.
- Are we going to see more closures or failures in the ISP business?
- Kidney failure occurs when kidney function deteriorates to such an extent that death will occur without renal replacement therapy such as haemodialysis.
- The damage can lead to poor liver function and liver failure.
- This is important for patients with impaired kidney function or liver failure who cannot clear the extra ammonia.
- 2 (expressing negation) failure to +
infinitivefailure to carry out the instructionsher failure to understand …el incumplimiento de las órdenesthey were criticized for their failure to protect their clients' interestsel (hecho de) que no entendiera/entienda …se los criticó por no haber protegido los intereses de sus clientesExample sentences
- The strictest compliance was expected and failure to comply meant harsh punishment.
- There is no requirement that failure to comply with these provisions has any causative relationship to the making of the statement.
- Colleges could face stiff sanctions for failure to comply with requirements, the bill states.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.