Translation of failure in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (of business, marriage, talks) fracaso (masculine) the plan is doomed to end in failure el plan está condenado al fracaso 1.2 countable/numerable (unsuccessful thing, attempt) fracaso (masculine); (insolvency) quiebra (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) failure rate [Business/Comercio] proporción (feminine) de quiebras [Sch] índice (masculine) de fracaso escolarExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (person) fracaso (masculine) I feel such a failure me siento fracasado, soy un fracaso 1.4 c and u (breakdown) structural failure defecto (masculine) estructural heart/kidney/respiratory failure insuficiencia (feminine) cardíaca/renal/respiratoria the progressive failure of her faculties el deterioro progresivo de sus facultades
- Remember, there are no failures in the business of plan implementation, only feedback.
- There are 22,000 schools in Britain, many, by this Government's own reckoning, failures in the business of education.
- Cassie is considered somewhat a failure since she was unsuccessful in joining the school's social elite.
- This has led to a worldwide assault on auto workers' jobs, as well as business failures, including the bankruptcy announcement earlier this month by Daewoo Motors of South Korea.
- This coincides with rising or record levels of poverty, homelessness, job insecurity, personal bankruptcies and small business failures.
- Are we going to see more closures or failures in the ISP business?
- Kidney failure occurs when kidney function deteriorates to such an extent that death will occur without renal replacement therapy such as haemodialysis.
- The damage can lead to poor liver function and liver failure.
- This is important for patients with impaired kidney function or liver failure who cannot clear the extra ammonia.
- 2 (expressing negation)failure to +
infinitive/infinitivofailure to carry out the instructions el incumplimiento de las órdenes her failure to understand … el (hecho de) que no entendiera/entienda … they were criticized for their failure to protect their clients' interests se los criticó por no haber protegido los intereses de sus clientesExample sentences
- The strictest compliance was expected and failure to comply meant harsh punishment.
- There is no requirement that failure to comply with these provisions has any causative relationship to the making of the statement.
- Colleges could face stiff sanctions for failure to comply with requirements, the bill states.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.