Translation of faintly in Spanish:
- 1.1 (barely perceptibly)(see/hear)
apenas(shine/sound/speak)the drink tasted faintly bitter
débilmentela bebida sabía ligeramente amargait tasted faintly of aniseedtenía un ligero sabor a anísExample sentences1.2 (slightly)
- All glasses on the bridges were turned on the Germans, now very faintly to be seen on the horizon.
- A black cloth was draped on the large cross above the organ in the center of the sanctuary, faintly illuminated.
- I can see Kirriemuir, barely two miles distant, only faintly through the rain.
ligeramente(amusing/surprising)I felt faintly ridiculous
algome sentía algo or un poco ridículoher face faintly resembles her grandfather'sde cara se parece un poco al abuelo
tiene un vago parecido al abueloExample sentences
- Just weeks ago, I considered marriage education a faintly embarrassing process.
- She sits across from me, looking directly at me, her faintly defiant stare a mild puzzle.
- Nevertheless, there are a couple of faintly serious questions here.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.