Translation of faintly in Spanish:
- 1.1 (barely perceptibly) [see/hear] apenas; [shine/sound/speak] débilmente; [smile/laugh] levemente, ligeramente the drink tasted faintly bitter la bebida sabía ligeramente amarga it tasted faintly of aniseed tenía un ligero sabor a anísExample sentences1.2 (slightly) [interested/amused/surprised] ligeramente; [amusing/surprising] algo I felt faintly ridiculous me sentía algo or un poco ridículo her face faintly resembles her grandfather's de cara se parece un poco al abuelo, tiene un vago parecido al abuelo
- All glasses on the bridges were turned on the Germans, now very faintly to be seen on the horizon.
- A black cloth was draped on the large cross above the organ in the center of the sanctuary, faintly illuminated.
- I can see Kirriemuir, barely two miles distant, only faintly through the rain.
- Just weeks ago, I considered marriage education a faintly embarrassing process.
- She sits across from me, looking directly at me, her faintly defiant stare a mild puzzle.
- Nevertheless, there are a couple of faintly serious questions here.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the