Translation of fairly in Spanish:
- 1 (justly, honestly)(play)
equitativamente(obtain)the judge dealt fairly with him
en buena lid or leyel juez fue justo con élfairly and squarely she put the blame fairly and squarely on her husband
el juez lo trató con justiciale echó abiertamente la culpa al maridoExample sentences
- Trade doesn't have to exploit the poor; done fairly, it can actually end poverty.
- Yet we somehow find a way to compete fairly and still get along for the betterment of the team.
- Would you trust this man to behave fairly, honestly, and ethically in his portfolio?
- 2 2.1 (moderately)(large/small/old)I'm fairly sure
bastanteestoy casi segura2.2 (really) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Uh Huh Her was written and recorded entirely in her Dorset home, and is a fairly extreme reaction to her previous work.
- We're fairly surprised that Whitney and Bobby are now officially the tackiest couple of the year.
- After what happened last time, I was fairly surprised that he stopped at all.
- Most of our fine police officers have a fairly large degree of discretion to use.
- It's still fairly big and quite bulky but we're gradually getting there.
- The demo came out really well; recorded fairly quickly, pretty much live and without too much fuss.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.