- 1 (in golf) calle (f), fairway (m)More example sentences
- Pleasure anglers visiting Howsham Hall are asked not to walk across the greens or fairways of the adjacent golf course when they are making their way to the river.
- Tees, fairways and greens are all bent grass, but three other types of turf are used in the rough, providing terrific color contrasts.
- Extremely narrow fairways and tiny greens mean the Scotch broom, beach grass and native rhododendron will snag anything off line.
- 2 [Nautical/Náutica] canal (masculine) navegable (de un puerto o río)More example sentences
More example sentences
- They refuse to leave fairways or harbor entrances open.
- In the middle the open water of the fairway is crowded with pinnaces, jolly-boats, cutters, and pleasure steamers.
- Covered moorage can restrict visibility from one waterway to another. It is therefore critical to keep rafting boats in marina waterways (fairways) to a minimum.
- Surveillance of coastal shipping routes to maintain safe fairways is conducted by the Hydrographic and Nautical Authorities.
- This artificial fairway built at the turn of the nineteenth century exceeds even the Panama Canal in number of ships passing.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.