Translation of faith in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (trust)faith (
insomebody/something)confianza (feminine) or fe (feminine) (to have faith in somebody/something enalguien/algo)tener confianza or fe en alguien/algoto put one's faith in somebody/something
tenerle a alguien/algo confianza or feconfiar en alguien/algoto act in good/bad faith (Business)actuar de buena/mala feto keep/break faith with somebodythey promised to help and they kept faith with meprometieron ayudarme y cumplieron con su palabrain disclosing information to our rivals you broke faith with the companyhas sido desleal con la compañía al dar a conocer información a la competenciaExample sentences
- He said the general public had lost faith in politics and politicians and the forming of deals that exclude a section of the public from the political process.
- Many people have given way to despondency and helplessness, having lost faith in leaders and politicians.
- Since the public has lost faith in ideology, politicians must now use fear in order to maintain their hold over the masses.
- 2 (Religion) 2.1 uncountable (belief)Example sentences
Example sentences2.2 countable (religion) the Christian/Islamic faith
- Christianity in particular has praised those whose belief is founded on faith, rather than proof, as the story of doubting Thomas shows.
- I am a person of deep faith, strong religious convictions and an optimistic view of our world as one where love abounds and peace is held up as the common vision of the majority.
- Delia had a strong religious faith and an inherent belief in providence and that things would work themselves out eventually.
la fe cristiana/musulmanaExample sentences
- Consider a faith, a belief system, as a theory about how the universe works.
- This at least is the assumption of many writers and readers, and in Latin America it amounts to something like a political faith.
- Arthur had a strong faith and belief in Rome and what it stood for, but that changes in the movie.
- Today's service assembles representatives of a wide range of religions and faiths.
- Putting all religions or faiths into one hat and saying that they are all like this is untrue and a bit naive.
- We live in the days of pluralism, when all faiths and religions are of equal worth.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.