Translation of faithful in Spanish:
- 1 (loyal)(friend/follower/dog)to be faithful
tosomebodyto be faithful to one's promiseserle fiel aalguienser fiel a su ( or mi etc) promesaExample sentences
- It was a touching and poignant afternoon as friends gathered to show their respects to a man who had remained loyal and ever faithful to the ideals of Comhaltas.
- He has remained a faithful and steadfast cheerleader for Langley, though he admits that the agency's image could do with some polishing.
- Many people have given years of faithful service to Muintir Mhaigh Eo and have remained faithful to the ethos of the founding fathers of the Association all those years ago.
- 2 (accurate)(account/report/copy)Example sentences
- In journalistic usage, you shall be as accurate and balanced and fair, and as faithful to pinned-down facts, as you possibly can be.
- People who make documentaries have to be faithful to the facts.
- Despite some juggling of the sequence of events, ‘Ali’ is largely faithful to facts.
plural nounthe faithful
- 1.1 (Religion) 1.2 (loyal followers) See examples: the party faithfullos incondicionaleslos seguidores más fielesExample sentences
- The responsibilities of the papacy today are daunting, and all realize that the bishop of Rome needs the prayers of the faithful.
- This wholeness is about community, the community of the faithful that forms the church.
- Pondering this commentary will stiffen the spine of the faithful for preaching, teaching, interpretation and life in the world.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the