Translation of faithful in Spanish:
- 1 (loyal) [friend/follower/dog] fiel to be faithful
tosb serle* fiel aalgn to be faithful to one's promise ser* fiel a su ( or mi etc) promesaExample sentences
- It was a touching and poignant afternoon as friends gathered to show their respects to a man who had remained loyal and ever faithful to the ideals of Comhaltas.
- He has remained a faithful and steadfast cheerleader for Langley, though he admits that the agency's image could do with some polishing.
- Many people have given years of faithful service to Muintir Mhaigh Eo and have remained faithful to the ethos of the founding fathers of the Association all those years ago.
- 2 (accurate) [account/report/copy] fielExample sentences
- In journalistic usage, you shall be as accurate and balanced and fair, and as faithful to pinned-down facts, as you possibly can be.
- People who make documentaries have to be faithful to the facts.
- Despite some juggling of the sequence of events, ‘Ali’ is largely faithful to facts.
plural noun/nombre pluralthe faithful
- 1.1 [Religion/Religión] los fieles 1.2 (loyal followers) the party faithful los incondicionales, los seguidores más fieles
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.