Translation of fake in Spanish:
- 1.1 (object) this passport is a fakeeste pasaporte es falsohis limp was a fakesu cojera era una farsathe whole story was a complete faketoda la historia era puro cuentoExample sentences1.2 (person)
farsante (masculine and feminine)
- Most of us are aware that there are such things as fakes, forgeries, copies and reproductions.
- In addition to finding counterfeits, fakes and forgeries, they also find individuals using artists' names to generate sales.
- The obscenely high price of mahogany woods and precious metals prevented counterfeiters from producing fakes, the profit of such operations being next to nil.
impostor, (-tora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.3
(in US football)
- Many thought that he was a fake, merely claiming to be the prince to gain power.
- I am sad when I think of the original Santaji, they must have killed him or kidnapped him or hidden him somewhere and all of these fakes are going around claiming to be him.
- She was immediately labelled a fake, but Lavigne never claimed to be a pop rebel - she was just an ordinary girl from Napanee, Ontario.
- (jewel/document)a fake fur coat
falsoun abrigo de piel sintéticaExample sentences
- In Japan, counterfeiters are circulating fake bills that cost more to make than their face value.
- You don't have to bow to peer pressure and get fake designer handbag.
- As a Christian, I accept as a basic premise of our faith that men are liars and many claims of levitation are fake.
- 1.1 (forge, contrive)(document/signature)the kidnap was faked
falsificarel secuestro fue una farsa1.2 1.3 (feign)(illness/injury/enthusiasm)
- Designed when the Net was small, they allow spammers to cover their tracks by forging headers, faking domain names, and bouncing e-mails off servers across the globe.
- Chinese counterfeiters, in one instance, have faked an American company's entire product line, right down to its Web site.
- I'm tired of explaining myself, of being told I'm this, I'm that, faking a persona, assuming another name, another identity.
- Jim had faked his death by appearing to drown off the coast of Miami, knowing his death would be reported and that his wife would make a claim on his life assurance policy.
- The second features how-to instructions for faking one's death using various roots & berries.
- Only his death will be faked, and word will be sent that he died at the claws of a vicious sand dragon!
- 1.1 (pretend) 1.2 (in US football)Example sentences
- It was always about pretending, and faking, and concealing feelings.
- Turkey is outraged as a top player faces £1,000 fine for faking injury.
- There are clearly ways in which the law could be tightened to prevent offenders, at least within Australia, from making a joke of the criminal justice system by faking or exaggerating illness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.