Translation of fake in Spanish:
- 1.1 (object) falsificación (feminine), imitación (feminine) this passport is a fake este pasaporte es falso his limp was a fake su cojera era una farsa the whole story was a complete fake toda la historia era puro cuentoExample sentences1.2 (person) farsante (masculine and feminine), impostor, (masculine, feminine)
Example sentences1.3 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Sport/Deporte] amago (masculine), finta (feminine); (in US football) engaño (masculine)
- Most of us are aware that there are such things as fakes, forgeries, copies and reproductions.
- In addition to finding counterfeits, fakes and forgeries, they also find individuals using artists' names to generate sales.
- The obscenely high price of mahogany woods and precious metals prevented counterfeiters from producing fakes, the profit of such operations being next to nil.
- Many thought that he was a fake, merely claiming to be the prince to gain power.
- I am sad when I think of the original Santaji, they must have killed him or kidnapped him or hidden him somewhere and all of these fakes are going around claiming to be him.
- She was immediately labelled a fake, but Lavigne never claimed to be a pop rebel - she was just an ordinary girl from Napanee, Ontario.
- [jewel/document] falso a fake fur coat un abrigo de piel sintética
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (forge, contrive) [document/signature] falsificar*; [results/evidence] falsear, amañar the kidnap was faked el secuestro fue una farsa 1.2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Sport/Deporte] amagar*, fintar, fintear (Latin America/América Latina) 1.3 (feign) [illness/injury/enthusiasm] fingir*
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.