Translation of fake in Spanish:
- 1 (object) this passport is a fakeeste pasaporte es falsohis limp was a fakesu cojera era una farsathe whole story was a complete faketoda la historia era puro cuentoExample sentences
- Most of us are aware that there are such things as fakes, forgeries, copies and reproductions.
- In addition to finding counterfeits, fakes and forgeries, they also find individuals using artists' names to generate sales.
- The obscenely high price of mahogany woods and precious metals prevented counterfeiters from producing fakes, the profit of such operations being next to nil.
- 2 (person)farsante (masculine or feminine)
impostor, (-tora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Many thought that he was a fake, merely claiming to be the prince to gain power.
- I am sad when I think of the original Santaji, they must have killed him or kidnapped him or hidden him somewhere and all of these fakes are going around claiming to be him.
- She was immediately labelled a fake, but Lavigne never claimed to be a pop rebel - she was just an ordinary girl from Napanee, Ontario.
- (jewel/document)a fake fur coat
falsoun abrigo de piel sintéticaExample sentences
- In Japan, counterfeiters are circulating fake bills that cost more to make than their face value.
- You don't have to bow to peer pressure and get fake designer handbag.
- As a Christian, I accept as a basic premise of our faith that men are liars and many claims of levitation are fake.
- 1 (forge, contrive)(document/signature)the kidnap was faked
falsificarel secuestro fue una farsaExample sentences
- Designed when the Net was small, they allow spammers to cover their tracks by forging headers, faking domain names, and bouncing e-mails off servers across the globe.
- Chinese counterfeiters, in one instance, have faked an American company's entire product line, right down to its Web site.
- I'm tired of explaining myself, of being told I'm this, I'm that, faking a persona, assuming another name, another identity.
- Jim had faked his death by appearing to drown off the coast of Miami, knowing his death would be reported and that his wife would make a claim on his life assurance policy.
- The second features how-to instructions for faking one's death using various roots & berries.
- Only his death will be faked, and word will be sent that he died at the claws of a vicious sand dragon!
- 2 (American English) (Sport)Example sentences
- It was always about pretending, and faking, and concealing feelings.
- Turkey is outraged as a top player faces £1,000 fine for faking injury.
- There are clearly ways in which the law could be tightened to prevent offenders, at least within Australia, from making a joke of the criminal justice system by faking or exaggerating illness.
- 3 (feign)(illness/injury/enthusiasm)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.