Translation of false start in Spanish:
- 1 (Sport)salida (feminine) nula or en falsoExample sentences
- It was not a ‘tragedy’ when he was disqualified for a false start in an Olympic trials race earlier this year, he said in mild rebuke of Prime Minister John Howard.
- Thorpe has been robbed of a chance to defend his 400m freestyle title in Athens after being disqualified for a false start.
- After three false starts, Ferrari was in bad shape; and Schumacher's abilities were being gleefully questioned.
- 2 (to career, speech)intento (masculine) fallidoExample sentences
- I've had a complicated history with jazz, with many false starts, disappointing attempts to divine the pantheon and forays into stuff I absolutely hated.
- In a way, I am glad the monsoon has finally begun after all the false starts caused by atmospheric depressions in the Arabian Sea end of May.
- Following several false starts in attempting to bring it back, the drama will finally be premiered in a webcast on BBCi in the spring.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.