Translation of familiarity in Spanish:
noun plural familiarities
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (knowledge)familiarity
withsomethingshe claimed extensive familiarity with the method/problemdijo estar muy familiarizada con el método/problemafamiliarity with computers would be an assetse valorará la experiencia previa con computadorasExample sentences1.2 (of person, book, landscape) familiarity breeds contempt
lo que se tiene no se apreciaExample sentences
- For one thing, the Wachowski brothers have a knowledge and familiarity with a number of ideas, concepts and philosophies that play an important part in the Matrix films.
- Very few Japanese people ever extend their knowledge of Bulgaria beyond familiarity with its yoghurt, which has become part of the national cuisine in Japan.
- They found no relationship between the rate of referral and physicians' knowledge, beliefs and familiarity with the effects of alternative therapies.
- They effectively harness the familiarity of well-know ditties to send up celebrity culture.
- The towers look like beacons in the stormy night, still strangely reassuring in their solidity and familiarity.
- The measure of a joke's effectiveness is equal to the quality of its writing and delivery multiplied by the familiarity of its subject.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (informality) the familiarity of their mannerla confianza con que se ( or la etc) tratabanExample sentences2.2 countable or uncountable (overintimacy)
exceso (masculine) de confianzaI don't tolerate such familiarities from subordinatesno tolero que mis subordinados se tomen semejantes confianzas
- In early May or June 2001, the North Carolina Department of Correction began a formal misconduct investigation into allegations of inappropriate interaction/undue familiarity between correctional staff and inmates at the prison.
- We need look no further than the popular TV show "The Office" to see that too much personal fraternization and familiarity will lead to employee contempt, regardless of the talent or ineptitude of the manager.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.