Translation of fantastic in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (wonderful) [colloquial] fantastic!¡fantástico!
Example sentences1.2 (enormous)
- This wonderful daughter, fantastic friend, and excellent pupil had secured a place at a top university.
- He has a wonderful wife, a fantastic job and two brilliant children.
- There will also be a raffle for fabulous prizes including a fantastic hamper, so come along and try your luck.
- Making them also uses a fantastic amount of water, far more than is used washing re-usable ones.
- It's wonderfully remote, with fantastic cliffs and big white sandy beaches.
- The great total of e260 was collected on the morning which is a fantastic amount.
- 2 2.1 (incredible, preposterous)Example sentences2.2 (unrealistic)
(plan/idea)2.3 (bizarre, strange)
- Everything in Ilija's work is unreal and ahistorical, fantastic and imaginative.
- There are ongoing sightings of sea-monsters and fantastic creatures lurking in the emerald green waters.
- Most contain fantastic elements, from Lucifer and Jesus to a field of talking cows.
descabellado(clothing/appearance/dream)to trip the light fantastic [humorous]
estrafalariomover el esqueleto or (Mexico) el tambo [colloquial] [humorous]Example sentences
- This island hosts a large number of strange-shaped stones and fantastic caves.
- But even as the light faded, strange and fantastic bird sounds came from every side.
- Palm trees swayed as the wind combed their leaves into flying crests like strange and fantastic coiffure.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.