Translation of farce in Spanish:
- 1 countable and uncountable (Literature, Theatre)Example sentences
- On stage he has played character roles in farces, pantomime, comedies and serious drama.
- His writings, which include more than thirty-five comedies, farces, adaptations, comic operas, and other light-hearted stage entertainments, were collected in 1798.
- His early works included songs, piano sonatas, and choral pieces, but from 1826 to 1833 he wrote music for burlesques, farces, and melodramas.
- Only light comedy survived as a distinct genre akin to farce.
- George Bernard Shaw and William Shakespeare have used farce to highlight patient vulnerability to unscrupulous physicians.
- His direction is tight, keeping a brisk pace and gaining the most out of broad farce and high drama.
- 2 (fiasco) (no plural)Example sentences
- Players who made their sixes and sevens before the watering were not allowed to go back to try again, rendering the whole event a farce.
- Because the Government has chosen to reduce the election to a farce, and the Opposition has decided to raise barely a squeak, I have decided not to waste my vote in a pointless exercise.
- Last week the Chief Constable rightly pulled the plug on the political farce that the peace process has descended into.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.