Translation of farce in Spanish:
- 1.1 c and u [Literat] [Theater/Teatro] farsa (feminine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (fiasco) (no plural/sin plural) farsa (feminine)
- On stage he has played character roles in farces, pantomime, comedies and serious drama.
- His writings, which include more than thirty-five comedies, farces, adaptations, comic operas, and other light-hearted stage entertainments, were collected in 1798.
- His early works included songs, piano sonatas, and choral pieces, but from 1826 to 1833 he wrote music for burlesques, farces, and melodramas.
- Only light comedy survived as a distinct genre akin to farce.
- George Bernard Shaw and William Shakespeare have used farce to highlight patient vulnerability to unscrupulous physicians.
- His direction is tight, keeping a brisk pace and gaining the most out of broad farce and high drama.
- Players who made their sixes and sevens before the watering were not allowed to go back to try again, rendering the whole event a farce.
- Because the Government has chosen to reduce the election to a farce, and the Opposition has decided to raise barely a squeak, I have decided not to waste my vote in a pointless exercise.
- Last week the Chief Constable rightly pulled the plug on the political farce that the peace process has descended into.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.