Translation of fashion in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable or uncountable (vogue) the latest fashion in hatsto be in fashion to be out of fashionla última moda en sombrerosto come into/go out of fashionestar fuera de modaestar pasado de modahe was spending money like it was going out of fashionponerse/pasar de modato set a fashiongastaba dinero como si fuera aguadivorce seems to be all the fashion at the momentimponer una modaa leader of fashionparece que el divorcio está ahora muy de moda1.2 countable or uncountable (Clothing) (before noun) fashion accessoriesun árbitro de la modafashion buyer fashion editor fashion magazine fashion pageaccesorios (masculine plural)sección (feminine) de modas(de un periódico)Example sentences
- My daughter is a published poet and artist and is studying fashion technology.
- Nevertheless, covering a war for a women's fashion magazine is surely as surreal as it gets, he acknowledges.
- We hope that this has been a lesson in smart reading of fashion magazines.
- 2 uncountable (custom) as was my fashioncomo era mi costumbreExample sentences
- And many of those designs are seeing a return to popularity, along with some of the clothing fashions of the day.
- New styles and fashions are created and popularised by it.
- I keep up with the latest trends and fashions, and while my style might not match that of my fellow students, I feel as though adults take me more seriously.
- 3 uncountable (manner) he replied in typically witty fashionin her own inimitable fashionrespondió con el ingenio que lo caracterizabain the French fashion in this fashioncomo solo ella puede hacerloafter the fashion of Cézannede esta maneraafter a fashioncan you swim? — well, after a fashional estilo de Cézanne¿sabes nadar? — bueno, a mi manera or si se le puede llamar nadar …Example sentences
- The chairman would like to thank all who attended and behaved in a mannerly fashion.
- I think that danger may lurk in the background, but it is likely to arise in an indirect fashion, rather than directly.
- Largely out of my experience with the Science Council I wanted it to be done in a systematic fashion.
- (object)(character)Example sentences
- It is said that you can recognise the deft hands that fashioned a doll by looking for telltale signs and shapes on it.
- He took what they handed him and made it into an idol cast in the shape of a calf, fashioning it with a tool.
- Back in the days when England was embroiled in the Hundred Years' War against France, a family of notables was fashioning its own chapel in the valley of the River Kent.
- I am fashioning this material into a visually poetic tribute to his genius.
- To show this, they fashioned the material into threads and used them to stitch four incisions on two rats.
- Even old railway sleepers have been fashioned into new building material.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.