Translation of fashion in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 c and u (vogue) moda (feminine) the latest fashion in hats la última moda en sombreros to be in fashion estar* de moda to be out of fashion estar* fuera de moda, estar* pasado de moda to come into/go out of fashion ponerse*/pasar de moda he was spending money like it was going out of fashion gastaba dinero como si fuera agua to set a fashion imponer* una moda divorce seems to be all the fashion at the moment parece que el divorcio está ahora muy de moda a leader of fashion un árbitro de la moda 1.2 c and u [Clothing/Indumentaria] moda (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) fashion accessories accesorios (masculine plural) fashion buyer comprador, (masculine, feminine) de modas fashion editor director, (masculine, feminine) de revista de modas fashion magazine revista (feminine) de modas fashion page sección (feminine) de modas ([ de un periódico ])Example sentences
- My daughter is a published poet and artist and is studying fashion technology.
- Nevertheless, covering a war for a women's fashion magazine is surely as surreal as it gets, he acknowledges.
- We hope that this has been a lesson in smart reading of fashion magazines.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (custom) costumbre (feminine) as was my fashion como era mi costumbreExample sentences
- And many of those designs are seeing a return to popularity, along with some of the clothing fashions of the day.
- New styles and fashions are created and popularised by it.
- I keep up with the latest trends and fashions, and while my style might not match that of my fellow students, I feel as though adults take me more seriously.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (manner) manera (feminine), modo (masculine) he replied in typically witty fashion respondió con el ingenio que lo caracterizaba in her own inimitable fashion como solo ella puede hacerlo in the French fashion a la francesa in this fashion de esta manera after the fashion of Cézanne al estilo de Cézanne after a fashion can you swim? — well, after a fashion ¿sabes nadar? — bueno, a mi manera or si se le puede llamar nadar …Example sentences
- The chairman would like to thank all who attended and behaved in a mannerly fashion.
- I think that danger may lurk in the background, but it is likely to arise in an indirect fashion, rather than directly.
- Largely out of my experience with the Science Council I wanted it to be done in a systematic fashion.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.