Translation of fashion in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable or uncountable (vogue) the latest fashion in hatsla última moda en sombrerosto be in fashion to be out of fashionestar fuera de modato come into/go out of fashion
estar pasado de modaponerse/pasar de modahe was spending money like it was going out of fashiongastaba dinero como si fuera aguato set a fashionimponer una modadivorce seems to be all the fashion at the momentparece que el divorcio está ahora muy de modaa leader of fashionun árbitro de la modaExample sentences1.2 countable or uncountable (Clothing) (before noun) fashion accessories
accesorios (masculine plural)fashion buyer fashion editor fashion magazine fashion pagesección (feminine) de modas (de un periódico)Example sentences
- And many of those designs are seeing a return to popularity, along with some of the clothing fashions of the day.
- New styles and fashions are created and popularised by it.
- I keep up with the latest trends and fashions, and while my style might not match that of my fellow students, I feel as though adults take me more seriously.
- My daughter is a published poet and artist and is studying fashion technology.
- Nevertheless, covering a war for a women's fashion magazine is surely as surreal as it gets, he acknowledges.
- We hope that this has been a lesson in smart reading of fashion magazines.
- 3 uncountable (manner) he replied in typically witty fashionrespondió con el ingenio que lo caracterizabain her own inimitable fashioncomo solo ella puede hacerloin the French fashion in this fashionde esta maneraafter the fashion of Cézanneal estilo de Cézanneafter a fashioncan you swim? — well, after a fashion¿sabes nadar? — bueno, a mi manera or si se le puede llamar nadar …Example sentences
- The chairman would like to thank all who attended and behaved in a mannerly fashion.
- I think that danger may lurk in the background, but it is likely to arise in an indirect fashion, rather than directly.
- Largely out of my experience with the Science Council I wanted it to be done in a systematic fashion.
- It is said that you can recognise the deft hands that fashioned a doll by looking for telltale signs and shapes on it.
- He took what they handed him and made it into an idol cast in the shape of a calf, fashioning it with a tool.
- Back in the days when England was embroiled in the Hundred Years' War against France, a family of notables was fashioning its own chapel in the valley of the River Kent.
- I am fashioning this material into a visually poetic tribute to his genius.
- To show this, they fashioned the material into threads and used them to stitch four incisions on two rats.
- Even old railway sleepers have been fashioned into new building material.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.