Translation of fat in Spanish:
adjective comparative fatter superlative fattest
- 1 1.1 (obese)(person/animal/stomach)to get/grow fat to grow fat on something
gordoenriquecerse con algoit ain't (all) over till the fat lady singsel partido no se acaba hasta el silbato finalExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (British)
- The link between the daily traffic jams outside schools and the bored, fat teenagers in the people carriers seemed to escape the members of the obesity taskforce.
- I ate 20 nuggets and a chicken sandwich meal and Rob kept on throwing things at me and calling me a fat pig.
- She was sitting between a fat man who wheezed a lot and a woman who definitely overdid the perfume.
que tiene mucha grasa1.3 (fattened)(cattle/pigs)1.4 (thick) a fat wad of dollar bills
- While fat cow and bull prices are still weak, feeder cattle prices are strong.
- The market re-opened for the sale of fat cattle and sheep.
- The limit of his agrarian radicalism was a demand, conceded by the British, for the removal of differential between Irish fat cattle and animals fattened in Britain.
de engordeun grueso fajo de dólaresExample sentences
- Eventually he would come up, sit down, then carefully roll himself a fat, untidy cigarette, spilling some tobacco in the process.
- Yet the questions remain: Are clean lungs and a fatter wallet worth my sanity?
- In order to attend you need not just a fat wallet but the right connections.
- 2 2.1 (lucrative) (contract/deal)jugoso [colloquial]the fat yearslos años de las vacas gordasExample sentences
Example sentences2.2 (large)
- He is not the first person to be sacked for missing targets and to walk out with a fat cheque, but what the bankers really disliked was the cut of his jib.
- For the rest, entering the entertainment world means having a colourful lifestyle, fat monetary rewards and an enviable social status.
- While they are buying well-known brand names and waiting for prestige and fat profits to result, they tend to forget the major difference between home and abroad.
(salary)a fat check
- There is a similarly fat chance of us accepting the other unquestioned assumptions underpinning misanthropic doom-mongering about health.
- I gave up - there wasn't a fat lot of difference anyway.
- Maybe the cause is so great or maybe the suffering is so intolerable that the ends justify any means - fat chance, but maybe.
muy altoun cheque por mucho dinerothey made a fat profitsacaron pingües ganancias2.3 (very little) [colloquial] [ironic]a fat chance you've got of winning!
hicieron mucho dinero¡muchas posibilidades tienes tú de ganar! [ironic]a fat lot of good that'll do!¡para lo que va a servir!a fat lot you know about it!¡no tienes la más mínima idea!
- 1 uncountable and countable animal/vegetable fatgrasa animal/vegetalthis cheese contains 30% fateste queso contiene un 30% de materia grasaa fat free dietuna dieta sin grasasthe fat is in the firese va a armar la gorda [colloquial]la cosa está que arde [colloquial]to chew the fat [colloquial]cotorrear [colloquial]estar de palique (Spain) [colloquial]to live off the fat of the land [derogatory]vivir de (las) rentas
- 2 uncountable (on person) to run to fatechar carnes [colloquial]Example sentences
- The changes are expected to enable the method to provide accurate readings that are unaffected by skin color or body fat.
- Not much hair, we don't hibernate, and only in the age of super-sizing have we learned to put on a truly impressive layer of body fat.
- This outer layer of body fat provides insulation from low temperatures.
- People who carry more weight around their waistlines are at greater health risks than individuals who carry their excess fat in the hips and thighs.
- He was six foot one, and he never went to fat the way a lot of other policemen did.
- These supplements should be mainstays for any guy looking to add bulk while keeping off fat.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.