Translation of fatal in Spanish:
- 1 (causing death)(accident/injury/illness)it is not known who fired the fatal shot
mortalno se sabe quién disparó el tiro que le causó la muerteExample sentences
- But we know they are carrying a deadly parasite which has proved fatal to two species.
- The result would be fatal to most motorists as vehicles are likely to be damaged.
- This protects the foliage from cold and wind damage as even the walk between shop and car can be fatal to tender plants.
- 2 (disastrous)(decision/mistake)fatal
de funestas consecuencias
tosomethingthe delay was fatal to the projectel retraso tuvo consecuencias funestas para el proyectoit would be fatal to assume that …sería funesto or tendría funestas consecuencias asumir que …Example sentences
- However, a couple of fatal flaws in an otherwise solid defence proved costly.
- It's a fatal flaw in what otherwise has the makings of an entertainingly quirky show.
- However, when I'd finished the process I discovered a fatal flaw in the new software.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.