Translation of fate in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (destiny) I wonder what fate has in store for us nowme pregunto qué nos deparará el destinofate meant us to meetel destino quiso que nos conociéramosas fate would have it
estaba escrito que teníamos que conocernoscomo lo quiso el destino→ tempt 1Example sentences
- By a strange twist of fate, that actually is what the book was called.
- Yet by an ironic twist of fate he is blind to the world around him, losing Dot, who is expecting his child, to a pastry maker.
- However, it was a cruel twist of fate that robbed him yet again of a sprint race win and, therefore, of an Irish double.
- 2 countable (one's lot, end) to decide somebody's fatedecidir la suerte que ha de correr alguiento leave/abandon somebody to his/her fatedejar/abandonar a alguien a su suerteit was my fate to have to talk to hertuvo que tocarme a mí hablar con ellato meet one's fate [euphemistic]encontrar la muertea fate worse than death [humorous]having to move to the country would be a fate worse than death to mepreferiría morirme or [colloquial] pegarme un tiro antes que tener que mudarme al campoExample sentences
- Men controlled the fates of women, whose expected aim in life was to marry well.
- While their paths diverged after 1990, their fates are entwined again this season.
- Did they realize too, that their fates were inextricably fixed to the outcome of that day's actions?
- It is easy to see that this was the logical response to the dawning realisation of death as the fate of us all.
- His fate, death by firing squad, would hardly seem a cause for celebration.
- Jesus is not praying to be rescued from death, for that is the fate of all human beings.
- 3also: Fates(Mythology)the Fateslas ParcasExample sentences
- They're called the three Fates: The Clotho, The Lachesis and The Atropos, named after the Greek mythology.
- And the sort of Goddess which the Fates held out to me was contained in the Old Religion.
- Atropos is the name of one of the Fates, mythical beings who controlled the destinies of humans.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.