Translation of fathom in Spanish:
- in 20 fathoms of water or water 20 fathoms deepa 20 brazas de profundidadExample sentences
- If your boat is in the water and cannot be trailered, move it offshore to waters over 200 fathoms deep as soon as a Tsunami Warning is declared.
- He is still miles and fathoms and nautical miles and light years ahead of everyone else in baseball.
- On March 23, 1875, 13 days after leaving Nares Harbor, soundings indicated a depth of 4,475 fathoms or about 27,000 feet.
- 1 (understand)Example sentences
- I just can't fathom people who could have a quiet life, who don't have to be controversial for a living, but do it anyway.
- You can analyze a Mozart piano concerto note by note and still not fathom the genius of the whole piece.
- But I can't fathom anyone reading stories like this and not feeling the sting and burn of utter, abject shame.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.