Translation of fatty in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-tier, -tiest)
- 1.1 (containing fat) [food/substance] graso, grasoso (Latin America/América Latina) 1.2 [Physiology/Fisiología] [tissue] adiposoExample sentences
- Reducing the amount of fatty foods eaten prior to pregnancy is also a good bet, as that lessens exposure to persistent chemicals like PCBs and dioxin.
- She spends most of her time reading self-help books, eating vast amounts of fatty food and struggling against insomnia.
- They believe fatty tissue produces hormones and products such as oestrogen and insulin which may promote tumour growth.
- Liver transplantation has been necessary in patients with end-stage cirrhosis, but fatty liver disease may recur in the transplanted organ in some patients.
- With the increasing incidence of obesity and diabetes in Western countries, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease has become a growing problem.
- A common heart condition is coronary heart disease, in which fatty deposits gradually block the coronary arteries.
noun/nombre (plural -ties)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the