Translation of fatty in Spanish:
adjective -tier, -tiest
- 1.1 (containing fat) 1.2 (Physiology)(tissue)
- Reducing the amount of fatty foods eaten prior to pregnancy is also a good bet, as that lessens exposure to persistent chemicals like PCBs and dioxin.
- She spends most of her time reading self-help books, eating vast amounts of fatty food and struggling against insomnia.
- They believe fatty tissue produces hormones and products such as oestrogen and insulin which may promote tumour growth.
- Liver transplantation has been necessary in patients with end-stage cirrhosis, but fatty liver disease may recur in the transplanted organ in some patients.
- With the increasing incidence of obesity and diabetes in Western countries, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease has become a growing problem.
- A common heart condition is coronary heart disease, in which fatty deposits gradually block the coronary arteries.
noun plural -ties
- [colloquial]gordito, (-ta) (masculine, feminine) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Watch for the mean spirited and endless gags about fatties, boyish girls, overweight Hawaiians etc, etc.
- But the truth is that, despite 20 years' experience telling me that January in the gym is for part-timers who'll all be gone by February, I'm in there with the fatties.
- It's only a matter of time before societal ills, unhappy marriages, unsightly fatties and the concerns about those concerns, are a thing of the past.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.