Translation of fatty in Spanish:
adjective -tier, -tiest
- 1.1 (containing fat) 1.2 (Physiology)(tissue)Example sentences
- Reducing the amount of fatty foods eaten prior to pregnancy is also a good bet, as that lessens exposure to persistent chemicals like PCBs and dioxin.
- She spends most of her time reading self-help books, eating vast amounts of fatty food and struggling against insomnia.
- They believe fatty tissue produces hormones and products such as oestrogen and insulin which may promote tumour growth.
- Liver transplantation has been necessary in patients with end-stage cirrhosis, but fatty liver disease may recur in the transplanted organ in some patients.
- With the increasing incidence of obesity and diabetes in Western countries, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease has become a growing problem.
- A common heart condition is coronary heart disease, in which fatty deposits gradually block the coronary arteries.
noun plural -ties
- [colloquial]gordito, (-ta) (masculine, feminine) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Watch for the mean spirited and endless gags about fatties, boyish girls, overweight Hawaiians etc, etc.
- But the truth is that, despite 20 years' experience telling me that January in the gym is for part-timers who'll all be gone by February, I'm in there with the fatties.
- It's only a matter of time before societal ills, unhappy marriages, unsightly fatties and the concerns about those concerns, are a thing of the past.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.