adjective/adjetivo (-tier, -tiest)
- 1.1 (containing fat) [food/substance] graso, grasoso (Latin America/América Latina) 1.2 [Physiology/Fisiología] [tissue] adiposoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Reducing the amount of fatty foods eaten prior to pregnancy is also a good bet, as that lessens exposure to persistent chemicals like PCBs and dioxin.
- She spends most of her time reading self-help books, eating vast amounts of fatty food and struggling against insomnia.
- They believe fatty tissue produces hormones and products such as oestrogen and insulin which may promote tumour growth.
- Liver transplantation has been necessary in patients with end-stage cirrhosis, but fatty liver disease may recur in the transplanted organ in some patients.
- With the increasing incidence of obesity and diabetes in Western countries, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease has become a growing problem.
- A common heart condition is coronary heart disease, in which fatty deposits gradually block the coronary arteries.
noun/nombre (plural -ties)
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.