Translation of federation in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (association) federación (feminine)Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (joining) federación (feminine)
- There is a power struggle going on in global sport between the owners of particular clubs, the national federations and the international organisations.
- The three major trade union federations in Italy have organised a four-hour general strike for Friday 24 October.
- Will trade unions within the federation fund international work?
- And, contrary to the claims of the fathers of federation, Australian nationalism was not progressive.
- But by the time of Australian federation, nationalism had undergone a profound transformation.
- Also, let's not kid ourselves about the roots of Australian nationalism, the fathers of federation and all the rest of it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.