Translation of feeling in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (physical sensitivity) I have no feeling in my fingersno tengo sensibilidad en los dedosExample sentences1.2 countable (physical sensation) a feeling of tiredness/nausea
una sensación de cansancio/náuseaExample sentences
- Jack wasn't sure if he was going blind, or just crazy, but he lost all feeling, all sense.
- For a prosthetic heel to be successful it would need to be covered in skin which has feeling and sensation.
- The disease leaves her with pain, loss of feeling and a burning sensation in her hands meaning she cannot drive for any length of time.
- Remember how it feels on deck because you want the same feeling in the water.
- The cold feeling of slowly moving water slid over her, until there was only darkness.
- A young child paddles in the sea for the first time, fascinated by the pleasant feeling of the water.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (sincere emotion) she played the piece with real feelinginterpretó la pieza con mucho sentimientoonce more, with feeling [humorous]Example sentences2.2 countable (emotional sensation) a feeling of joy/isolation
una sensación de alegría/aislamientoExample sentences2.3 uncountable (affection) (usually plural) the only feeling I have for you is one of pity
- It all feels so lacking in genuine feeling, genuine emotion, genuine interest.
- He was going back to the place where there was no feeling, because emotion and love were not allowed.
- Silence, when used appropriately and in context, will add emotion and feeling to the video.
lo único que siento por ti or lo único que me inspiras es lástima2.4also: feelings plural(sensitivity)sentimientos (masculine plural)it appeals to man's higher feelingsapela a los sentimientos más elevados del hombreI won't spare your feelingsvoy a serte francoto hurt somebody's feelings
- While he denies he has a chip on his shoulder, this gut class feeling is a strong motivation behind his desire for success.
- And if you fell in love with me so long ago it only makes this feeling stronger, right?
- The strong feeling of love and the longing to commit is perfectly conveyed in marriage.
no voy a andar con rodeosherir los sentimientos de alguiendon't say that, you'll hurt her feelings no hard feelingsone of us had to win; no hard feelings, eh?uno de los dos tenía que ganar; no nos guardemos rencor ¿eh?she had no hard feelings about him telling the bossno le guardaba rencor por habérselo contado al jefeExample sentences
- I think it's permissible, after working on your favourite virus for over 20 years, to develop some sort of feeling for it.
- The singer has an even, rounded tone, an apposite feeling for ornament and an ability to phrase with sprightly elegance.
- 3 3.1 uncountable or countable (sentiment) bad o ill feeling 3.2 countable or uncountable (opinion) what are your feelings on the matter?¿tú que opinas del asunto?Example sentences
- He saw more clearly than any of these other guys how strong that feeling was.
- There's a strong general feeling among our members that consumers are not receptive to milk from cloned cows.
- I didn't have a real strong feeling about anything until I started playing music.
- 4 (no plural) 4.1 (sensitivity, appreciation) (to have) a feeling for somethingtener sensibilidad para algoyou've no feeling for art
saber apreciar algono tienes sensibilidad para lo artístico4.2 (intuition, impression) I've a feeling that he knows already
no sabes apreciar el artetengo or me da la sensación or la impresión de que ya lo sabeExample sentences
- I have a vague feeling that these different kinds and genres of rants will keep coming and going as this post progresses.
- The enterprise seems foolhardy, and Stewart does not justify it beyond a vague feeling that he wants adventure.
- I had a vague feeling that we were kind of heading in that direction in our relationship, but I had expected him to say it first.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.