Translation of feeling in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (physical sensitivity) I have no feeling in my fingersno tengo sensibilidad en los dedosExample sentences1.2 countable (physical sensation) a feeling of tiredness/nausea
una sensación de cansancio/náuseaExample sentences
- Jack wasn't sure if he was going blind, or just crazy, but he lost all feeling, all sense.
- For a prosthetic heel to be successful it would need to be covered in skin which has feeling and sensation.
- The disease leaves her with pain, loss of feeling and a burning sensation in her hands meaning she cannot drive for any length of time.
- Remember how it feels on deck because you want the same feeling in the water.
- The cold feeling of slowly moving water slid over her, until there was only darkness.
- A young child paddles in the sea for the first time, fascinated by the pleasant feeling of the water.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (sincere emotion) she played the piece with real feelinginterpretó la pieza con mucho sentimientoonce more, with feeling [humorous] 2.2 countable (emotional sensation) a feeling of joy/isolationuna sensación de alegría/aislamientoExample sentences2.3 uncountable (affection) (usually plural) the only feeling I have for you is one of pity
lo único que siento por ti or lo único que me inspiras es lástima2.4also: feelings plural(sensitivity)sentimientos (masculine plural)it appeals to man's higher feelingsapela a los sentimientos más elevados del hombreI won't spare your feelingsvoy a serte francoto hurt somebody's feelings
- While he denies he has a chip on his shoulder, this gut class feeling is a strong motivation behind his desire for success.
- And if you fell in love with me so long ago it only makes this feeling stronger, right?
- The strong feeling of love and the longing to commit is perfectly conveyed in marriage.
no voy a andar con rodeosherir los sentimientos de alguiendon't say that, you'll hurt her feelings no hard feelingsone of us had to win; no hard feelings, eh?uno de los dos tenía que ganar; no nos guardemos rencor ¿eh?she had no hard feelings about him telling the bossno le guardaba rencor por habérselo contado al jefe
- 3 3.1 uncountable and countable (sentiment) bad o ill feeling 3.2 countable or uncountable (opinion) what are your feelings on the matter?¿tú que opinas del asunto?Example sentences
- He saw more clearly than any of these other guys how strong that feeling was.
- There's a strong general feeling among our members that consumers are not receptive to milk from cloned cows.
- I didn't have a real strong feeling about anything until I started playing music.
- It all feels so lacking in genuine feeling, genuine emotion, genuine interest.
- He was going back to the place where there was no feeling, because emotion and love were not allowed.
- Silence, when used appropriately and in context, will add emotion and feeling to the video.
- 4 (no plural) 4.1 (sensitivity, appreciation) (to have) a feeling for somethingtener sensibilidad para algoyou've no feeling for art
saber apreciar algono tienes sensibilidad para lo artístico4.2 (intuition, impression) I've a feeling that he knows already
no sabes apreciar el artetengo or me da la sensación or la impresión de que ya lo sabeExample sentences
- I have a vague feeling that these different kinds and genres of rants will keep coming and going as this post progresses.
- The enterprise seems foolhardy, and Stewart does not justify it beyond a vague feeling that he wants adventure.
- I had a vague feeling that we were kind of heading in that direction in our relationship, but I had expected him to say it first.
- I think it's permissible, after working on your favourite virus for over 20 years, to develop some sort of feeling for it.
- The singer has an even, rounded tone, an apposite feeling for ornament and an ability to phrase with sprightly elegance.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.