Translation of feint in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (Sport) to make a feintExample sentences1.2 (Military)
amago (masculine) (de ataque, maniobra)to make a feintExample sentences
- Both players attempt to control the space by confusing the opponent with feints and deceptive moves.
- If the attack is commenced when the opponent's blade is not in line, the attack may be completed either direct, or by one disengagement or by a cut-over, or else be preceded by successful feints which oblige the opponent to parry.
- The self-absorbed men take center stage via a series of furtive crouches, runs, hops, and boxing feints.
- Account should be taken at the same time of enemy methods of feints and other stratagems.
- In a more narrow sense, the use of strategy may be seen in demonstrations and feints that surprise the enemy by hitting him where he is unprepared.
- Fix the enemy in place using skirmishes, artillery, feints, and demonstrations while probing his lines.
- 1.1 (Sport) 1.2 (Military)Example sentences
- Fencing has developed over the centuries to become Europe's most refined martial art, and when one learns how to feint, lunge, parry and riposte it is possible to take this combative art to Olympic level.
- I shifted my grip on my weapon and parried as he feinted at me.
- He taught me how to feint and pull back and right-hand counter-punch.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.