Translation of fellow in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (man) that fellow in the green suita clever fellowese hombre or [colloquial] tipo de traje verdehe's a real nice fellow (American English)un tipo listo(as form of address) hello, old fellow my dear fellowes un tipo realmente simpático [colloquial]now listen to me, young fellowamigo míomi buen or querido amigogive a fellow a chance!óigame bien, jovencito1.2 (boyfriend) [colloquial]¡no me atosigues!¡con calma!Example sentences
- Again, I do not know what action, if any, was taken to address the individual fellow's grievance.
- And it only seems sensible to do what the fellow in the black body armour is suggesting.
- I have had the privilege of meeting Brendan, and he is a really nice chap, a splendid fellow.
- 2 (member — of college)(miembro del cuerpo docente y de la junta rectora de una universidad)(— of learned society)Example sentences
- He was elected a fellow of the Royal Society in 1969 and was a member of its council from 1974 to 1976.
- In 1984 he was elected a fellow of the Royal Society of Arts in London in recognition of his talents.
- In 1785 he and Boulton were elected fellows of the Royal Society.
- After Oxford she got a job as a tutorial fellow at Bedford College at the University of London, but she did not enjoy it.
- First there was a general interview at which the candidates were grilled by the master, dean, senior tutor, and fellows of the subject.
- After the award of his doctorate, Wittgenstein was appointed a lecturer at Cambridge and he was made a fellow of Trinity College.
- She is a Harvard University research fellow and joins us tonight from Philadelphia.
- Professor Gary Hamel is a research fellow at Harvard Business School.
- Jennifer C. Braceras, a lawyer and mother is a research fellow at Harvard Law School.
- 3 (companion) [formal]fellows in adversitycompañero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)compañeros en la adversidad or en el infortunioExample sentences
- In reply he claims that he and his fellows hold their elevated position by virtue of a number of qualities which they enjoy simultaneously.
- The motoring associations are good fellows to suggest that cyclists or pedestrians may use any roads at all, as they do not pay for them to anything like the extent the motorist does.
- Is there a sense among - among you fellows that - that you haven't really picked up the number of votes you'd hoped you might have at this point?
- (before noun) fellow student/worker fellow sufferer fellow citizenfellow countryman his fellow Democrats/Socialistsconciudadano, (-na) (masculine, feminine)he has no love for his fellow mensus correligionariosno le tiene amor al prójimoExample sentences
- Therefore when I see these values shared by my fellow citizens, that strengthens me.
- Can we remain human when we relegate the majority of our fellow citizens to inhumane conditions?
- He's met his share of resistance from fellow servants.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to