Translation of female in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (Biology, Botany, Zoology)(organ/hormone)a female elephant/ant
femeninoun elefante/una hormiga hembra1.2 (of humans)
una hembra de elefante/hormiga(population/suffrage)
del sexo femenino(ward)female heir
de mujeresheredera (feminine)female prisonerpresa (feminine)female graduates
prisionera (feminine)licenciadas (feminine plural)that's a typically female reaction [derogatory]esa es una típica reacción femenina or de mujer
- 2 (Technology)(thread/socket/coupling)
hembra invariable adjective
- 1 (Botany, Zoology)Example sentences
- The cubs are cared for by all the females in the pride, and will suckle from other females as well as from their mother.
- This is more frequent in teenage boys than girls but is increasing among young females in my experience.
- There is also some sage advice for females wanting to break into what is still essentially a male domain.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.