Translation of feminine in Spanish:
- 1 (of or like a woman) (hygiene/protection)[euphemistic]Example sentences
- A subtle feminine touch is given by using soft shades and delicate embroidery.
- The pink also gives it a more feminine and ladylike quality.
- It had a feminine girlish quality in the cut, but a bold, womanly quality in color.
- Removing the board gently, he reached down into the hollow and retrieved a bundle of papers covered edge-to-edge in a pretty, feminine hand.
- They were pretty eyes, almost feminine, he decided, and it was probably that.
- The feminine side of me wants humanistic evaluations of interesting female people in the news, written by well-bred, well educated women.
- 2 (Linguistics)(noun/suffix/article)Example sentences
- To be sure, it may be the case, in a gender language, that male and female persons will be designated by nouns of masculine and feminine gender, respectively.
- English is a great language - no masculine and feminine nouns, fewer tenses to our verbs and loads of nouns.
- A college class was discussing the fact that nouns in some foreign languages are either of masculine or feminine gender.
- 1.1 countable (noun etc) 1.2 (gender) See examples: (in) the feminine(en) el femeninoExample sentences
- The Catholic understanding of the feminine would be lost forever if the Church had a female priesthood.
- In discussing drag, we talk about challenging the audience's conception of gender, or recovering the male performer's sense of the feminine.
- Early in the film, Janice's transgressions already resonate on a specific historical level and tap into older notions regarding the feminine.
- A noun that is classified as feminine in one language might be masculine in another.
- Even today we refer to objects like ships in the feminine!
- After a long time, Michel fell asleep thinking about how the boat itself was named after a man, yet was always referred to in the feminine.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.