- 1.1 [Biology/Biología] [egg/plant/cell] fecundarMore example sentences1.2 [Agriculture/Agricultura] [Horticulture/Horticultura] [field/soil/crop] abonar, fertilizar*
More example sentences
- Biologists knew from studies on a wide range of animals that males compete with other males to fertilize eggs and that females choose potential mates based on the males' appearance and, perhaps, even on their sperm.
- The male then fertilizes the eggs and the female keeps them in her mouth for a few days until they hatch, thus earning the epithet mouth-brooder.
- This procedure is repeated until all the eggs are laid, with the male looping himself round the female each time to fertilize the eggs as she lays them.
- At the end of the nineteenth century, burning forest biomass to clear land and fertilize the soil was used only occasionally on the Continent.
- They will build a dam for the cattle to drink from, and they will fertilize the soil with manure.
- When the only other dead member of our party died, we buried him in the soil to fertilize the land.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Senado is the name of the upper chamber of the Spanish Cortes Generales, and the place where it meets. There are 250 senators, most of whom are elected every four years, at general elections, four from each province. A small number of senators are also elected by the autonomous governments.