Translation of festival in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Religion/Religión] fiesta (feminine), festividad (feminine) 1.2 [Cinema/Cine] [Music/Música] [Theater/Teatro] festival (masculine) a pop festival un festival de música popExample sentences1.3 (celebration) fiesta (feminine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [atmosphere] festivo, de fiesta
- The films were hand picked by organisers who travelled and networked with major international film festivals.
- Of course, the presence of two major international jazz festivals also contributes to the country's jazzy well-being.
- It's great for films, festivals, concerts, and of course the opportunity to study at the university.
- We do celebrate more religious festivals than most schools, but the children enjoy it.
- Here in Doi Tung, these tribal villagers continue to celebrate their ancient festivals and religious rituals.
- When my sister taught at a junior school they celebrated all the religious festivals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.