Translation of festoon in Spanish:
- 1 (garland)Example sentences
- Houses are decorated with colourful festoons, stars and cut-outs depicting the Lord Jesus' life and, of course, the quintessential Christmas tree.
- Non-biodegradable plastic festoons would decorate the medians and would pose an adventurous journey for road users.
- On this, the Swarovski crystal and pearls are strung like a festoon of flowers, with hanging clusters terminating in big pieces of aqua quartz.
- 2 (Architecture, Art)Example sentences
- The mold-blown scallop shell vase in Plate XIII is decorated with festoons reminiscent of Phoenician glass.
- At the centre of the front of Croker's enormous sideboard is a carved vase full of flowers flanked by great seaweedy festoons of fruit, flowers and foliage.
- The painted body of the stately Beekman coach is adorned with the family's coat of arms, crest, and applied floral festoons.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.