The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.
- 1.1 (garland) guirnalda (feminine)More example sentences1.2 [Architecture/Arquitectura] [Art/Arte] festón (masculine)
More example sentences
- Houses are decorated with colourful festoons, stars and cut-outs depicting the Lord Jesus' life and, of course, the quintessential Christmas tree.
- Non-biodegradable plastic festoons would decorate the medians and would pose an adventurous journey for road users.
- On this, the Swarovski crystal and pearls are strung like a festoon of flowers, with hanging clusters terminating in big pieces of aqua quartz.
- The mold-blown scallop shell vase in Plate XIII is decorated with festoons reminiscent of Phoenician glass.
- At the centre of the front of Croker's enormous sideboard is a carved vase full of flowers flanked by great seaweedy festoons of fruit, flowers and foliage.
- The painted body of the stately Beekman coach is adorned with the family's coat of arms, crest, and applied floral festoons.