Translation of fever in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable (Medicine) (temperature) to have a high fevershe has a fever of 102tener mucha fiebre or una fiebre muy altato run a fever≈ tiene 39 de fiebretener fiebre or calenturaExample sentences
- Initial signs and symptoms are generalized malaise, chills, fevers, headaches, arthralgias, and a nonproductive cough.
- A person with glandular fever is most infectious when they have a fever (high temperature).
- Call your doctor if your child also gets a fever, diarrhea, headache, or skin rash.
- 2 (agitated state) (no plural) the town was in a fever over the visitelection/gold feverla ciudad estaba revolucionada con la visitawar fever gripped the countryfiebre (feminine) electoral/del oroel fervor bélico se había adueñado del paísExample sentences
- When the girls had left, Zara turned to Paz in a fever of agitation.
- Why then, last November, did I find Georgians in such a fever of expectation?
- He shifted in his sleep, his eyes fluttering in the fever of a dream.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to