Translation of fever in Spanish:
- 1 c and u [Medicine/Medicina] (temperature) fiebre (feminine), calentura (feminine) to have a high fever tener* mucha fiebre or una fiebre muy alta she has a fever of 102 ≈ tiene 39 de fiebre to run a fever tener* fiebre or calenturaExample sentences
- Initial signs and symptoms are generalized malaise, chills, fevers, headaches, arthralgias, and a nonproductive cough.
- A person with glandular fever is most infectious when they have a fever (high temperature).
- Call your doctor if your child also gets a fever, diarrhea, headache, or skin rash.
- 2 (agitated state) (no plural/sin plural) the town was in a fever over the visit la ciudad estaba revolucionada con la visita election/gold fever fiebre (feminine) electoral/del oro war fever gripped the country el fervor bélico se había adueñado del paísExample sentences
- When the girls had left, Zara turned to Paz in a fever of agitation.
- Why then, last November, did I find Georgians in such a fever of expectation?
- He shifted in his sleep, his eyes fluttering in the fever of a dream.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.