Translation of few in Spanish:
adjective -er, -est
- 1 (not many)pocos, (-cas)few people know about thislo sabe poca genteshe's one of the few people who admire him
lo saben pocoses una de las pocas personas que lo admiranthe o what few chances I hadlas pocas posibilidades que teníawith very few exceptionscon muy pocas excepcionessome few trivial errors exceptedexceptuando alguno que otro error sin importanciathere were far too few chairshabía poquísimas sillassix books too few were deliveredentregaron seis libros de menosevery few dayscada pocos díasthe last few days have been difficultestos últimos días han sido difícilesthere were fewer people than usualhabía menos gente que de costumbreI had one card fewer than the otherstenía una carta menos que los demásfewer and fewer trains stop herecada vez paran menos trenes aquíthe fewest possible alterationsel menor número posible de cambiosExample sentences
- Sport is full of unusual people of high ability, but very few of them are film stars.
- His education, he told me, was unlikely to get him a decent job and he had few friends.
- Try to be nice about it though and offer them a can of beer or you will make few friends.
- 2a few (some)a few people complainedalgunos se quejaronwe'll stay a few weeks longer
hubo gente que se quejónos vamos a quedar unas or algunas semanas másI've been there a few timeshe estado allí unas cuantas vecesthere are quite a few mistakeshay bastantes faltasa good few managers have resignedhan renunciado varios or unos cuantos directores
pronoun -er, -est
- 1 (not many)pocos, (-cas)few were willing to helppocos estaban dispuestos a ayudarthe few who did come refused to dancelos pocos que vinieron no quisieron bailarwe have too few to go aroundno tenemos suficientes para todosonly the few will appreciate these subtletiessolo una minoría apreciará estas sutilezasthe privileged fewla minoría privilegiadaas few as 30% pass first timetan solo un 30% aprueba a la primerasuch exceptions are few (in number)esas excepciones son rarasfewer than 200 tickets have been soldse han vendido menos de 200 entradasfew attempt to escape and even fewer succeedmuy pocos intentan escapar y son aún menos los que lo logranshe received no fewer than ten presentsrecibió nada menos que diez regalosfew of his stories are truemuy pocas de sus historias son ciertasthere are fewer of us/them than last timesomos/son menos que la última vezto be few and far betweengood beaches are few and far betweenlas playas buenas son contadísimashis visits to her grew fewer and further between
hay muy pocas playas buenascada vez la visitaba menosExample sentences
- Now returned to her, we hoped it would help answer a few questions about the old boy.
- Well buy a few of them and stick your chocolate in that, it won't get warmer or go dead cold.
- Not as simple or elegant as the original, but a few of the additions are pretty good.
- 2a few (some)a few objectedalgunos se opusieronall but a fewcasi todosa good few o quite a few already knowya lo saben bastantesthere are still quite a few lefttodavía quedan unos cuantosthere are hundreds of applicants, but no more than a few are acceptedse presentan cientos, pero aceptan solo a unos pocosnot a few were taken aback by the news [formal]la noticia sorprendió a un buen número de personashe's had a few (too many) [colloquial]se ha tomado unas cuantasa few of us complainedalgunos (de nosotros) nos quejamosa good few of the cases have been solvedbastantes de los casos han sido resueltosmore than a few of us are dissatisfiedmás de uno de nosotros está descontentonot a few of them have criminal records [formal]un buen número de ellos tiene antecedentes penales
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.