Translation of few in Spanish:
adjective -er, -est
- 1.1 (not many)few people know about thispocos, (-cas)she's one of the few people who admire himlo sabe poca gentelo saben pocosthe o what few chances I hades una de las pocas personas que lo admiranwith very few exceptionslas pocas posibilidades que teníasome few trivial errors exceptedcon muy pocas excepcionesthere were far too few chairsexceptuando alguno que otro error sin importanciasix books too few were deliveredhabía poquísimas sillasevery few daysentregaron seis libros de menosthe last few days have been difficultcada pocos díasthere were fewer people than usualestos últimos días han sido difícilesI had one card fewer than the othershabía menos gente que de costumbrefewer and fewer trains stop heretenía una carta menos que los demásthe fewest possible alterationscada vez paran menos trenes aquíel menor número posible de cambiosExample sentences1.2a few (some)a few people complained
we'll stay a few weeks longeralgunos se quejaronhubo gente que se quejóI've been there a few timesnos vamos a quedar unas or algunas semanas másthere are quite a few mistakeshe estado allí unas cuantas vecesa good few managers have resignedhay bastantes faltashan renunciado varios or unos cuantos directores
- Sport is full of unusual people of high ability, but very few of them are film stars.
- His education, he told me, was unlikely to get him a decent job and he had few friends.
- Try to be nice about it though and offer them a can of beer or you will make few friends.
pronoun -er, -est
- 1.1 (not many)few were willing to helppocos, (-cas)the few who did come refused to dancepocos estaban dispuestos a ayudarwe have too few to go aroundlos pocos que vinieron no quisieron bailaronly the few will appreciate these subtletiesno tenemos suficientes para todosthe privileged fewsolo una minoría apreciará estas sutilezasas few as 30% pass first timela minoría privilegiadasuch exceptions are few (in number)tan solo un 30% aprueba a la primerafewer than 200 tickets have been soldesas excepciones son rarasfew attempt to escape and even fewer succeedse han vendido menos de 200 entradasshe received no fewer than ten presentsmuy pocos intentan escapar y son aún menos los que lo logranfew of his stories are truerecibió nada menos que diez regalosthere are fewer of us/them than last timemuy pocas de sus historias son ciertasto be few and far betweengood beaches are few and far betweensomos/son menos que la última vezhis visits to her grew fewer and further betweenlas playas buenas son contadísimashay muy pocas playas buenas1.2a few (some)a few objectedcada vez la visitaba menosall but a fewalgunos se opusierona good few o quite a few already knowcasi todosthere are still quite a few leftya lo saben bastantesthere are hundreds of applicants, but no more than a few are acceptedtodavía quedan unos cuantosnot a few were taken aback by the news [formal]se presentan cientos, pero aceptan solo a unos pocoshe's had a few (too many) [colloquial]la noticia sorprendió a un buen número de personasa few of us complainedse ha tomado unas cuantasa good few of the cases have been solvedalgunos (de nosotros) nos quejamosmore than a few of us are dissatisfiedbastantes de los casos han sido resueltosnot a few of them have criminal records [formal]más de uno de nosotros está descontentoun buen número de ellos tiene antecedentes penalesExample sentences
- Now returned to her, we hoped it would help answer a few questions about the old boy.
- Well buy a few of them and stick your chocolate in that, it won't get warmer or go dead cold.
- Not as simple or elegant as the original, but a few of the additions are pretty good.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to