Translation of fiber in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable (thread)Example sentences1.2 countable (cloth) man-made o synthetic fiber
fibra sintéticaExample sentences
- The original focus industries were pottery, sericulture, carpentry, textiles, coconut fiber, and woven mats.
- With its qualities of strength and texture, and the ability to be dyed in vibrant colours, silk proved an unequalled fibre for textile production.
- Hot glass fibers for insulation and nylon fibers for textiles are extruded through platinum sieves.
- The thing to keep in mind is that your fabric must be a natural fiber: cotton, rayon, silk, or linen.
- Both fabrics wick perspiration away from your skin while natural fibers like cotton and wool tend to get damp and clammy with sweat.
- Wear clothes that are made from natural fibres like cotton, linen and silk; they allow your skin to breathe.
- 2 2.1 countable (Anatomy) muscle/nerve fiberwith every fiber of her being [literary]fibra muscular/nerviosa2.2 uncountable (firmness) he has no (moral) fibercon todo su serno tiene fibra or carácterExample sentences
- The strength has to be in the moral fibre of a people, and that sort of strength enables one to provide moral leadership in the world.
- We can't be having people of poor moral fibre now, can we.
- Medical research into the drug came to an abrupt end in the mid-1960s when LSD hit the headlines as hazardous to health and a looming shadow over society's moral fibre.
- Other structures, such as connective tissue fibers and neuroglia, may be impregnated.
- At early stages of development, single muscle fibers are innervated by axon terminals from several different motor neurons.
- Muscle biopsies were freed of connective tissue and muscle fibers were isolated.
- 3 uncountable 3.1 (Botany) 3.2 (in food) a high fiber dietuna dieta rica en fibraExample sentences
- Previous studies have indicated that soybean protein and dietary fiber reduces cholesterol and improves insulin resistance.
- As pears are dense, they are also a good source of fibre and pectin.
- High consumption of dietary fiber regulates blood sugar levels, reduces cholesterol and can prevent heart disease and cancer.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.