Translation of fiddler in Spanish:
- 1 (violinist) violinista (masculine and feminine)
- 2 (cheat) (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], tramposo, (masculine, feminine), chanchullero, (masculine, feminine) [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- I have a recording of a very attractive violin concerto with fiddler Louis Kaufman and Bernard Herrmann conducting.
- All young whistlers, flautists, fiddlers and other musicians are invited to play a few tunes in what should be an informal and uncompetitive setting.
- The next week they toured Europe with a Bartok third quartet that had virtuoso fiddlers agape with admiration.
- A dole fiddler uses benefit fraud to finance her passion for buying shoes.
- What a fiddler Keith is - he thinks he won't be caught but Keith is gonna end up in court.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.