Translation of fifth in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 you're the fifth person to ask me thateres la quinta persona que me pregunta esoHenry V (léase: Henry the Fifth)Enrique V (read as: Enrique quinto)it's his fifth birthdaycumple cinco añosit's their fifth wedding anniversarycumplen cinco años de casadosthat's the fifth time he's done that
es su quinto aniversario de bodaes la quinta vez que hace esoI was fifth on the listyo era el quinto/la quinta de la listafifth part/sharequinta parte (feminine)
quinto (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (in seniority, standing)
- They simply ran out of steam in the second half to slump to their fifth defeat out of five, a record that consigns them to the wooden spoon, their first wooden spoon in the competition since 2002.
- The fifth day of a five day forecast is accurate 20% of the time and these guys are gonna tell me what the weather will be like a hundred years from now?
- It was a subtle touch, one I didn't notice until the opening sequence of the fifth episode - and by then it was too late.
- 2 (elliptical use) Paradise Boy fell at the fifthParadise Boy cayó en la quinta valla ( or el quinto obstáculo etc)he'll be arriving on the fifth (of the month)llegará el (día) cincoUncle Ben is the fifth from the rightel tío Ben es el quinto de derecha a izquierdawe'll arrive (on) May fifth o (British English) May the fifthllegaremos el cinco de mayothe fifth of Mayel cinco de mayo
- 1 1.1 (Mathematics) three fifths one fifth of ten is twoun quinto or la quinta parte de diez es dos1.2 (part)quinta parte (feminine)1.3 (Music) 1.4 (measure) (American English)
quinto (masculine)(medida equivalente a 0,757 litros)1.5 (in competition) he finished a disappointing fifthllegó en un deslucido quinto lugar or puestoExample sentences
- He finished the race in fifth place having started from 16th position on the grid.
- Her best this season in four races was a fifth place in Germany which left her in seventh place overall in the rankings.
- At the Leinster Schools held in Dublin, Cheryl Nolan won gold in the junior 1,500m and Sinead Kelly competing in the same race finished a credible fifth place.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.