Translation of fighter in Spanish:
- 1 (person) luchador, (masculine, feminine); (boxer) boxeador (masculine), púgil (masculine), pugilista (masculine) she's a born fighter es una luchadora nataExample sentences
- Boxing has been through periods when it seems all the top fighters are ducking each other, but this isn't one of those periods.
- The fighters are grappling on the floor, tearing at each other, screaming abuse and growling like animals.
- The former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world has more often been termed not a boxer, but a fighter.
- She knew how easy it would be for him to just die right then and there, but she also knew he was a determined fighter.
- I'm quite a fighter but when depression hits it is really, really difficult.
- I am sure he is enjoying this season more than last season because Michael is a fighter, and fighters need competition.
- 2 (plane) [Aviation/Aviación] [Military/Militar] caza (masculine), avión (masculine) de combateExample sentences
- However, it was the fighter aircraft that was to really suffer from this policy.
- Similarly, the commander of a fighter squadron must be a credible fighter pilot.
- It had the most advanced fighter and bomber aircraft and the best trained crews.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas