Translation of fighter in Spanish:
- 1 (person) luchador, (masculine, feminine); (boxer) boxeador (masculine), púgil (masculine), pugilista (masculine) she's a born fighter es una luchadora nataExample sentences
- Boxing has been through periods when it seems all the top fighters are ducking each other, but this isn't one of those periods.
- The fighters are grappling on the floor, tearing at each other, screaming abuse and growling like animals.
- The former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world has more often been termed not a boxer, but a fighter.
- She knew how easy it would be for him to just die right then and there, but she also knew he was a determined fighter.
- I'm quite a fighter but when depression hits it is really, really difficult.
- I am sure he is enjoying this season more than last season because Michael is a fighter, and fighters need competition.
- 2 (plane) [Aviation/Aviación] [Military/Militar] caza (masculine), avión (masculine) de combateExample sentences
- However, it was the fighter aircraft that was to really suffer from this policy.
- Similarly, the commander of a fighter squadron must be a credible fighter pilot.
- It had the most advanced fighter and bomber aircraft and the best trained crews.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.