Translation of film in Spanish:
noun→ film rating (US), film certificate (UK)
- 1 1.1 countable or uncountable (Photography) a (roll of) filmun rollo or un carrete (de fotos)fast film
una películapelícula rápidaExample sentences1.2 countable (movie) who's in the film?
¿quién trabaja or actúa en la película?she's made a successful career in filmsha hecho carrera en el cine(before noun) (critic/producer)the film industry
- All you need is an album, an instant camera, rolls of film and painting materials if you are that way inclined.
- I actually prefer to use colour film with the pinhole camera because it just looks so nice.
- The method creates a digital image that is vivid and precise: a photograph that requires neither film nor camera.
cinematográfico or de cinela industria cinematográficafilm library film musicmúsica (feminine) cinematográfica or de cine or de películasfilm première o premiereestreno (masculine) cinematográficofilm production
premiere (masculine) [journalistic]producción (feminine) cinematográfica or de películasfilm rightsderechos (masculine plural) de adaptación cinematográfica or de adaptación al cinefilm studioestudio (masculine) cinematográfico or de cinefilm versionExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 uncountable (cinematic art)
- He has recently written and directed his first feature film.
- It was like watching a horror film unfold.
- Apart from watching the documentary film was there any other research that you felt was necessary?
- Today, traditional art forms are practised alongside painting, photography, theatre and film.
- The film industry has blamed the police for their failure in nabbing the culprits.
- Long a film buff, Verna says she's always maintained broad artistic interests.
- 2 2.1 countable (thin covering) a film of dustuna película or capa de polvoExample sentences2.2 uncountable (wrap)
film (masculine) or envoltura (feminine) transparenteExample sentences
- We've been dusting the last 24 hours because we found everything covered with a light film of dust.
- Now think of the same image, but this time the chocolate is covered by a white film on its surface.
- Dust films are a light powder of clay and silt-sized particles that adhere to rough surfaces and rock fractures.
- Cut the beef fillet into thin slices and, layered between sheets of plastic film, beat until extremely thin.
- The latest version, known by the brand name Superglass, has two layers of clear film between the panes.
- Leave to rise on oiled baking sheets, covered with oiled clear film, for 15 minutes.
llevar al cineExample sentences
- The movie was filmed on location in Oregon and the period clothing and accoutrements are generally right on.
- And it certainly has to have resonated with the themes of the movie that you were filming.
- If she had her way, by the time the movie was done filming, Ryan and Ann will be very cozy indeed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.