Translation of final in Spanish:
- 1 (last) (before noun) the final day/attemptthe final sceneel último día/intentofinal exam a final demand for payment (Business)la última escenala escena finalI'd like to make one final point: …un último aviso de pagopor último quisiera señalar que …Example sentences
- It was only when they saw the finished version in its final mix that they knew what they had got.
- What this enables me to do is to get words down in a way that's closer to the final version.
- Even funnier was a line which was cut from the final version.
- 2 (definitive)(result/score)and that's my final word on the subjectthat's my final offer you can't go and that's finaly no se hable más del asuntothe judges' decision is final [formal]no puedes ir y no hay más que hablar or [colloquial] y sanseacabóla decisión del jurado es inapelableExample sentences
- They were also given an explanation of the printing process from initial graphics through to the final design.
- The outcome in the final points, as well as in the two events, was new European records.
- At the time of writing, it is too early to know the final outcome of the process.
- But it must throw into doubt the ability of the tribunal to be a final arbitrator of disputes.
- The court, which sits in The Hague, is the final arena for settling disputes between nations.
- And this time supported by deeds that allow the neighbours to give Japan a final absolution.
- 1 (Games, Sport) (often plural) to go through to the finalspasar a la(s) final(es)Example sentences
- The winners of the semi-finals will take part in a county final to decide the winner.
- The Netherlands have now made the Olympic final for the third Games in a row.
- The three will include both finalists and the winner of the qualifying final.
- The result means Australia are still well in the hunt for next week's best-of-three finals of the series, which also features South Africa.
- Waugh angrily bustled out of the conference after his side failed to make the finals of the tri-nations series.
- Each team has to arrive by 15 January, then they face elimination rounds in each event, building up to a three-day series of finals.
- 2also: finals plural(examinations)exámenes (masculine plural) finalesExample sentences
- The atmosphere was more like that of an examination hall on finals day than a sporting arena before a big event.
- It's 20 years this month since I took my first degree finals and spent every hour that they were open in that particular library.
- Far from opting for a quiet life, Eddie is putting his radio career on hold in order to study for his Law degree finals - not to mention planning for his forthcoming wedding!
- He and nine other finalists had to prepare two main course dishes for the healthy catering class final.
- There were more chapters to read, more papers to write, and a final in every class.
- The duke spent time watching the games and when he moved inside for the primary school final spoke to a number of children about the day.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than