Translation of final in Spanish:
- 1 (last) (before noun) the final day/attemptel último día/intentothe final scenela última escenafinal exam a final demand for payment (Business)
la escena finalun último aviso de pagoI'd like to make one final point: …por último quisiera señalar que …Example sentences
- It was only when they saw the finished version in its final mix that they knew what they had got.
- What this enables me to do is to get words down in a way that's closer to the final version.
- Even funnier was a line which was cut from the final version.
- 2 (definitive)(result/score)and that's my final word on the subject
finaly no se hable más del asuntothat's my final offer you can't go and that's finalno puedes ir y no hay más que hablar or [colloquial] y sanseacabóthe judges' decision is final [formal]la decisión del jurado es inapelableExample sentences
- They were also given an explanation of the printing process from initial graphics through to the final design.
- The outcome in the final points, as well as in the two events, was new European records.
- At the time of writing, it is too early to know the final outcome of the process.
- But it must throw into doubt the ability of the tribunal to be a final arbitrator of disputes.
- The court, which sits in The Hague, is the final arena for settling disputes between nations.
- And this time supported by deeds that allow the neighbours to give Japan a final absolution.
- 3 (ultimate)(aim/destination)
- 1 (Games, Sport) (often plural) to go through to the finalspasar a la(s) final(es)Example sentences
- The winners of the semi-finals will take part in a county final to decide the winner.
- The Netherlands have now made the Olympic final for the third Games in a row.
- The three will include both finalists and the winner of the qualifying final.
- The result means Australia are still well in the hunt for next week's best-of-three finals of the series, which also features South Africa.
- Waugh angrily bustled out of the conference after his side failed to make the finals of the tri-nations series.
- Each team has to arrive by 15 January, then they face elimination rounds in each event, building up to a three-day series of finals.
- 2also: finals plural(examinations)exámenes (masculine plural) finalesExample sentences
- The atmosphere was more like that of an examination hall on finals day than a sporting arena before a big event.
- It's 20 years this month since I took my first degree finals and spent every hour that they were open in that particular library.
- Far from opting for a quiet life, Eddie is putting his radio career on hold in order to study for his Law degree finals - not to mention planning for his forthcoming wedding!
- He and nine other finalists had to prepare two main course dishes for the healthy catering class final.
- There were more chapters to read, more papers to write, and a final in every class.
- The duke spent time watching the games and when he moved inside for the primary school final spoke to a number of children about the day.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.