Translation of finished in Spanish:
- 1 (predicative) 1.1 (complete, achieved, over) to get something finishedterminar or acabar algoit's all finished between ustodo se ha acabado entre nosotroswill you be finished in time?¿terminarás or acabarás a tiempo?to be finished
withsomething/somebodyI'm finished with you!tú y yo hemos acabadoI'm finished with the scissorsno necesito más la tijeraI'm finished with smoking for everhe dejado de fumar para siempre1.2 (used up) the food is finishedse ha terminado or acabado la comida1.3 (ruined) [colloquial] you're finished as a musiciancomo músico estás acabadoExample sentences1.4 (exhausted) [colloquial]
- He knew his career was finished and he would probably have to move to Spain.
- I finally realized that my marriage was finished.
- While recovering in hospital he admits to himself that he's finished in this town.
- 2 2.1(article/product)finished in mahogany
terminado(stained) teñido de color caoba(veneered) (en)chapado en caobathese clothes are very badly finishedesta ropa está muy mal terminada or acabadaExample sentences2.2
- She's obviously much more interested in the process than in the finished work.
- It made all the scrambling, scratches and bruises worth it to see the finished task.
- The finished work will be displayed in the upper courtyard of Dublin Castle until the end of the month.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.