- 1 (pred) 1.1 (complete, achieved, over) to get sth finished terminar or acabar algo it's all finished between us todo se ha acabado entre nosotros will you be finished in time? ¿terminarás or acabarás a tiempo?to be finished
withsth/sb I'm finished with you! tú y yo hemos acabado I'm finished with the scissors no necesito más la tijera I'm finished with smoking for ever he dejado de fumar para siempre 1.2 (used up) the food is finished se ha terminado or acabado la comida 1.3 (ruined) [colloquial/familiar] acabado you're finished as a musician como músico estás acabadoMore example sentences1.4 (exhausted) [colloquial/familiar] muerto [familiar/colloquial]
- He knew his career was finished and he would probably have to move to Spain.
- I finally realized that my marriage was finished.
- While recovering in hospital he admits to himself that he's finished in this town.
- 2 2.1 [article/product] terminado finished in mahogany (stained) teñido de color caoba (veneered) (en)chapado en caoba these clothes are very badly finished esta ropa está muy mal terminada or acabada 2.2 [performance/presentation] esmerado, pulido; [appearance/manners] refinadoMore example sentences
- She's obviously much more interested in the process than in the finished work.
- It made all the scrambling, scratches and bruises worth it to see the finished task.
- The finished work will be displayed in the upper courtyard of Dublin Castle until the end of the month.
Browse other language resources
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...