Translation of finished in Spanish:
- 1 (predicative/predicativo) 1.1 (complete, achieved, over) to get sth finished terminar or acabar algo it's all finished between us todo se ha acabado entre nosotros will you be finished in time? ¿terminarás or acabarás a tiempo?to be finished
withsth/sb I'm finished with you! tú y yo hemos acabado I'm finished with the scissors no necesito más la tijera I'm finished with smoking for ever he dejado de fumar para siempre 1.2 (used up) the food is finished se ha terminado or acabado la comida 1.3 (ruined) [colloquial/familiar] acabado you're finished as a musician como músico estás acabadoExample sentences1.4 (exhausted) [colloquial/familiar] muerto [colloquial/familiar]
- He knew his career was finished and he would probably have to move to Spain.
- I finally realized that my marriage was finished.
- While recovering in hospital he admits to himself that he's finished in this town.
- 2 2.1 [article/product] terminado finished in mahogany (stained) teñido de color caoba (veneered) (en)chapado en caoba these clothes are very badly finished esta ropa está muy mal terminada or acabada 2.2 [performance/presentation] esmerado, pulido; [appearance/manners] refinadoExample sentences
- She's obviously much more interested in the process than in the finished work.
- It made all the scrambling, scratches and bruises worth it to see the finished task.
- The finished work will be displayed in the upper courtyard of Dublin Castle until the end of the month.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.