n (plural -men /-mən/)
- 1 (firefighter) bombero (masculine)More example sentences
- Staggering house prices are forcing qualified teachers, nurses, firemen and police officers to leave the borough because they cannot afford to buy in the area.
- How much does it cost to clean up ten fatal road crashes every day, and how many emergency workers - police, paramedics, firemen, doctors and nurses - are involved?
- Each year, firemen, forestry workers, civilians, Gardaí and sometimes soldiers are deployed for long periods in bringing outbreaks under control.
- 2 [Railways/Ferrocarriles] fogonero (masculine)More example sentences
- At least you found his machinery and equipment and the fireman building up his fire and steam for the heavy draw to come; but he was by himself.
- On the St Clair Avenue side of the yards, there is an old house, now used by the locomotive department as a bunk house for the locomotive drivers and firemen.
- Both the engineer and fireman of the train were killed instantly in the overturning of the giant locomotive.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.