Translation of firework in Spanish:
- 1he threw a firework at medispositivo (masculine) pirotécnico [formal]fireworksme tiró un buscapié ( or cohete etc)to watch the fireworksfuegos (masculine plural) artificiales or de artificio(before noun) firework(s) displaymirar los fuegos artificiales or de artificiofuegos (masculine plural) artificiales or de artificio
- 2also: fireworks plural2.1 (noisy scene) there will be fireworks if her husband comes home drunk2.2 (virtuosity)se va a armar la gorda si el marido vuelve borracho [colloquial]Example sentences
- So what kind of emotional fireworks can we expect from her?
- We can also expect fireworks from such a temperamental lot, most notably the manager.
- Edwina, who lives with her husband and kids in Toronto, says there are always fireworks when show business and family life collide.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.