Translation of firework in Spanish:
- 1 dispositivo (masculine) pirotécnico [formal] he threw a firework at me me tiró un buscapié ( or cohete etc) fireworks fuegos (masculine plural) artificiales or de artificio to watch the fireworks mirar los fuegos artificiales or de artificio (before noun/delante del nombre) firework(s) display fuegos (masculine plural) artificiales or de artificio
- 2(fireworks plural)2.1 (noisy scene) trifulca (feminine) [colloquial/familiar] there will be fireworks if her husband comes home drunk se va a armar la gorda si el marido vuelve borracho [colloquial/familiar] 2.2 (virtuosity) virtuosismo (masculine)Example sentences
- So what kind of emotional fireworks can we expect from her?
- We can also expect fireworks from such a temperamental lot, most notably the manager.
- Edwina, who lives with her husband and kids in Toronto, says there are always fireworks when show business and family life collide.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.