- 1 dispositivo (masculine) pirotécnico [formal] he threw a firework at me me tiró un buscapié ( or cohete etc) fireworks fuegos (masculine plural) artificiales or de artificio to watch the fireworks mirar los fuegos artificiales or de artificio (before noun/delante del nombre) firework(s) display fuegos (masculine plural) artificiales or de artificio
- 2(fireworks plural)2.1 (noisy scene) trifulca (feminine) [colloquial/familiar] there will be fireworks if her husband comes home drunk se va a armar la gorda si el marido vuelve borracho [colloquial/familiar] 2.2 (virtuosity) virtuosismo (masculine)More example sentences
- So what kind of emotional fireworks can we expect from her?
- We can also expect fireworks from such a temperamental lot, most notably the manager.
- Edwina, who lives with her husband and kids in Toronto, says there are always fireworks when show business and family life collide.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.