- 1 uncountable/no numerable (shots) disparos (masculine plural)More example sentences
- The principal weapon uses electronic firing to reduce reaction times.
- Although the gunners may have a restricted field of fire, the flash, smoke or dust from the weapon firing will not be seen from outside.
- The submerged firing of the missiles can be conducted in a single salvo while the submarine is moving at a speed of 5 knots.
- 2 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable (of pottery) cocción (feminine)More example sentences
- Pottery, raku firing and photography will also be explored.
- At the same time, potters developed luster glazes by adding metallic elements to the surface of the glazed piece before a second firing in the kiln.
- Dutch enthusiasm for the new material was particularly keen and by the seventeenth century, one kiln could produce over half a million bricks in a single firing.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.