Translation of firkin in Spanish:
- 1.1 (measure) (in UK)(9 galones o 41,9 litros)Example sentences1.2 (small barrel)
barril (masculine) pequeñoExample sentences
- If you take a barrel to be two kilderkins and a kilderkin to be two firkins (which are themselves, of course, nine gallons), then the saving works out at about 14p per pint.
- Other sizes were the firkin, kilderkin and hogshead.
- Five firkins - that's about 360 pints or 41 litres - of Black Satin, his latest brew, were snapped up from his brewery.
- If that wasn't enough he has provided T-shirts for the gang to wear on the ride (no yellow jerseys required) and thrown in five firkins of beer.
- Her own father was a cooper in Kilaville and made the firkins there.
- But Craig, a former club footballer and referee, is confident the team has a good chance of winning and has donated a firkin to the players for after the game.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.