Translation of first-class in Spanish:
adjective predicative first class
- 1 (of highest grade)(hotel/ticket)de primera clase(travel)she has a first-class degree (British English)en primera (clase)the acting was first class≈ se recibió con la nota más alta(en AmL)≈ sacó la carrera con matrícula de honor(en Esp)
- 2 2.1 (excellent)(performance/book/athlete)de primer orden(bore/idiot)2.2 (full-blown) (before noun)(scandal/row/foul-up)de primera magnitudExample sentences
- One of the driving forces behind Advancing Together, the region's strategic framework, is the need to provide a first-class quality of life for everyone and be intolerant of discrimination.
- The children of Ballou deserve a chance at the first-class quality of education Whitman students receive.
- Although the 1st Infantry Division was a first-class unit, it did suffer the occasional bad officer.
- 3 (British English) (highest priority) See examples:first-class mail(correspondencia enviada a una tarifa superior, que garantiza una rápida entrega)
also: first class adverb
- (travel/fly)en primera (clase)Example sentences
- It was laid out in the style of a first-class train carriage.
- We had arrived in the morning by a first-class - only train - Abela - from Cairo.
- Posing as a QC, he boarded the first-class carriage of an Edinburgh-bound Virgin train and complained his wallet and laptop had been stolen.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to